You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cikobebek" started this thread

Reg: Dec 3rd 2014

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 12:58pm

NATURAL IVF

Can you think of any reason why Natural IVF is not preferable... Why doesn't everyone always do it?

Everyone's infertility is different. Docs should be able to say Natural is best for low ovarian reserve. Others are best for x,y,z.

Everything being equal, Natural should logically be the BEST option, as it does't require many drugs (good for health & wallet).

But, they don't seem to think of that, rather they go for the long protocol/ highest dose (in my experience from 3 different clinics and counting).
I appreciate they want to get the highest number of eggs, put in as many as possible. But, since they keep saying 'one is enough' and not everyone wants twins, and since the embryos don't hold hands there to help each other!!! why do they not want the best - which should be available through natural IVF. ;(

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, December 8th 2014, 3:05am

I was told it is because the most expensive part of the process is egg collection and it is the same reagardless of number of eggs.

However if you are paying privately and you find the right clinic they should be able to do it for you.

Have doctors also considered short protocol for you?

Best of luck!

xx Rianon

• "cikobebek" started this thread

Reg: Dec 3rd 2014

Thursday, December 11th 2014, 11:17pm

Thank you Rianon :) i will be very happy if it is more for economical reasons. Not that I am rich, but simply because drugs didn't work before.
They have tried it all, 4 longs and 2 milds. Can't get more than 4 eggs. Occasionally one is fertilised, but poor.
The last clinic said natural. I want to believe, trust them. My logic says I should, but i wonder if I manipulate logic to avoid hormones ;( had enough of them. Also, my husband will be very upset that I sided with the doc. He feels mild ivf is better, may be more productive, which may be true. He already paid a lot for treatment. But, should the history repeat itself, drugs won't work. This is a stubborn 1.4 motor car, won't go 200 km/h!