You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mariafrances" started this thread

Reg: Nov 10th 2014

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 12:59pm

In need of advice for surrogacy countries/clinics

Hi there!

After trying to conceive for going on three years now, we are looking to move forward with surrogacy. We have top quality frozen embryos so will be looking for a gestational carrier.

We reside in England, I hold citizenship in the US and Greece and my husband is a British citizen. We are both 37.

We are considering the following countries for surrogacy: Greece, US, India, Nepal and Georgia. There are pros and cons to all of them.

As I grew up in the US, I think that's in my comfort zone but it is priced beyond what we could borrow really. We'd like to consider India but we haven't been married for two years yet so it seems they won't consider us. I was referred to Nepal but I think this might be rather a new field there? Georgia has come on my radar today but I'm nervous by the back and forth I've been reading about the two agencies there: Surrogate Motherhood Center of Georgia and New Life Georgia? Are either of them reputable? Greece is my second choice, due to distance, legal rights and my citizenship, but I worry that it might be a bit under the table. When I spoke with one of the clinics in Crete for instance, they can't email me about costs, only provide me info on the phone and it was a lump sum cost. I would like to pay as we go. We've already exhausted our life savings trying to conceive on our own so I'm keen to make the best, most informed decision in the next stage of this journey.

The attributes we are considering include:

- Cost
- Length of marriage requirements
- Distance to London
- Legal rights
- Standard of medical care
- Reputation of clinic

We want to go with a country where we will be the automatic legal parents of our biological child and where care of the gestational carrier is high. We need to consider costs of course.

If anyone can lend me a hand with all of this, it'd be greatly appreciated. Would love to hear about others experiences.

Many many thanks!

Quoted

If you're going through hell, keep going...

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE