You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, October 6th 2014, 4:34pm

uterine NK cells results back

I wonder if anyone can help as to what my next move should be?
had an endometrial biopsy done under prof brosen at coventry hospital in september.
brief sad history
4 live virths between 93-10. 1 cot death 93. 7early losses between the 3 remaing successful pregnancies, 1 mmc at 9.2 wks, may 14. the last 4 early losses were one after another.
so back to today, the results are back.
anything up to 5% is classed as normal altgough 5% being higher end of normal and borderline high nk cells. 5.1-10% high nk cells detected.
my result 2.11%. very normal. according to results my lining responds correctly, progesterone responds correctly at the right time everything works correctly at the right time.
so why do i keep bl**dy miscarrying?
What tests do i go for now?

when bham womens hospital tested my mmc the results were" we cpuldnt seperate foetal tissue from maternal tissue so im afraid we have no answers"
coupled with nk cells not giving any answers - what now?
any advice or signposting would be greatly appreciated
thank you
jade xx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, October 6th 2014, 4:43pm

Hi Jade,
Sometimes people miscarry because there is something wrong with the embryo rather than yourself. Age is also a factor for this. Miscarriage is a relatively common thing, unfortunately. I think the official statistics is that on average 25% of pregnancies end in miscarriage.
Sorry I couldn't help.
M

What's Up?

Monday, October 6th 2014, 6:56pm

Thanks maria. the only thing that is puzzling me is my last mc was a mmc via fresh donor embryo. i was on low dose prednisolone, 40mg clexane, intralipids every 10-14 days, 75mg aspirin. all of these prescribed by my fertility clinic to ensure as much as possible that i would have a successful outcome. it was a fresh donor cycle and the age of female donor was 23.
so im flummoxed right now.
was wondering if there was any way of bypassing gp for thrombolia and thyroid tests as my gp refuses to do any fertility investigation tests for me.
i have had greek menstrual tests. chronic ureaplasma for which doxycycline and eurythmycin prescribed.
greek hysterosocopy done. scarring previous mcs removed and deep implantation cuts.
then endometrial biopsy and then scratch which shows im normal.
so im b***ered then :-(

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 5:47am

Just because you had donor embryo, it doesn't mean you can't miscarry. On average 1 pregnancy out of 4 fails in healthy people, which will include your young donor. Older ladies using their own eggs are at risk of even more miscarriages.
If there is something wrong with the embryo then it won't matter how many medicines you take, you will miscarry. Those drugs you were taking were only to make sure that the environment in your womb was perfect for implantation, but they cannot help the embryo to be healthy.

What's Up?

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 9:38am

Thanks maria. mc test results came back as no results as they couldnt separate foetal tissue from maternal tissue. so no answers. any way i go.
my fertilty consultant has now said try to get a laparoscopy to check for endometriosis (surely i would be in pain) oand get tubes checked out to see if they are leaking anything into my uterus. if so tubal removal/clip. not sure i want to go that far! tubal removal/clip takes out trying to conceive naturally whilst saving for any more treatment should we wish to carry on pursuing the dream.
god im stuck!!!!
last 4 cycles have been donor embryo cycles 2 bfn's , 2 mcs. i have had 8 miscarriages in total. The last 4 one straight after another. getting slightly annoyed with no answer results every test i do.
but thanks again.
jade.xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "thejadematthews" (Oct 8th 2014, 9:40am)

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Children: 1 - this is secondary infertility due to fibroid blocking my right tube

What's Up?
Gutted - where do we go from here

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 11:11pm

Hi hunny,

Sorry to here you are still searching for answers, I know this may be a long shot and I don't know much about it, but my SIL has had three miscarriages and has two beautiful boys she believes she can not carry girls and that's why she miscarriages, do you think this could be true of you??

I hope you find some answers and piece soon xxx

Cheree's - journey to holding my little bundle of joy']MY DIARY[/url]
Me: 38 DF:40 1 DD 17 from previous relationship
TTC 4.5 yeas
Fibroid top right of uterus blocking my right tube
1st IVF cycle Sept/Oct 2013 :BFN:
2nd IVF cycle April/May 2014 :BFN:
3rd FET Dec 2014 :BFN:
Not sure where we go from here going to take a break

Reg: Sep 13th 2013

Sunday, October 12th 2014, 3:29pm

Hi Jade,

Sorry to hear you're not getting any definitive answers & sorry I don't know enough to be able to recommend anything. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

I had the thrombophilia blood test (my consultant recommended it) & it showed something very slight in the results. The consultant told me that doubling my Folic acid intake & taking all the meds I've already been on post ET should prevent any problems from this & she doesn't believe it caused my 2 miscarriages anyway.

blowkiss
Dazzle

Oct 13 BFN
Feb 14 mc
May 14 mmc
EC Nov & Dec 14
Mar 15 mmc
FET Feb 16 bfp twins ❤️❤️