You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sammi36

• "Sammi36" started this thread

Reg: Sep 23rd 2014

Sunday, September 28th 2014, 3:16am

Ovulation Induction at QE, prescription confusion

Hi there, i'm new here and this is my first post. Hope someone can help with a few questions that I have plz.

I'm having ovulation induction at the queen elizabeth in ghateshead. I have "unexplained secondary infertility" :-(
Dh is fine. I was suppose to start last week but they found a cyst on day 2 scan and therefore I was told I have to wait till next cycle to start.

I was told that providing there were no cysts on day 2/3 scan next cycle, I would be able to start. When I asked about the prescription ( puregon, suprecor and pregnyl) they said they would give it on that day (the day i can start)
So, at the moment I have no idea how much the meds are going to cost and I won't be able to shop around for somewhere where I could get the meds for cheaper as I won't have any time! I heard from a friend that asda is the cheapest she found but because i would be given the prescription the day I'm suppose to start, I will no options BUT to go with the QE own pharmacy which could be more expensive!

I was told I would be taking 0.2 of suprecor and 50iu if puregon daily. I did have OI with the same meds 5 years ago at a different clinc and it worked for me. But i also realise that ppl tend to react differently each cycle (especially after 5 years).
I'm 36 now and I may or may not respond well to that dosage. At my last clunic I was given the prescription a couple of weeks before treatment and I was able to shop around, saving myself £50-£60 which is a lot.

I know each clinic is different but I was wondering if anyone had any experience at the QE and when they got their prescription and if they got all the meds together or seperatly?
Will they give me the hcg one later or will it all be on one prescription?
Sorry if I'm not making much sense :huh: I'm afraid I'm more of a talker than writer
I did pist the questions on another forum but got no replies

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sammi36" (Sep 28th 2014, 3:20am)

Reg: Nov 20th 2008

Children: Fingers crossed x

Monday, October 6th 2014, 9:41pm

Hi Sammi,

It's been a while for me, but I had a couple of cycles at the QE. It sounds like its still the same and they give you the prescription, only when they know ou will definitely start your treatment. I'm ñot sure why they do this, but I did find the QE's prices ok. I subsequently went back there when I needed more drugs from a cycle at another clinic and they were comparable in cost.

They used to give you a script for all the drugs you'd need including the HCG one

Wishing you the very best of luck with your cycle xx
Never give up on your dreams...they do come true.
ICSI #8, Anna born 26/2/14....the most amazing gift in the world x

Sammi36

• "Sammi36" started this thread

Reg: Sep 23rd 2014

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 3:34am

Hi pennyqueen,
Thank you so much for the reply :hugs:
I rang one of the nurses and she said that they will give me the prescription on day of treatment BUT if i wanted i could have it sooner. She also gave me a price list which i used to ring around to get price comparison and QE prices weren't that bad, so i've decided to get it from QE.

First impressions of QE are very good except that before my first consultation I asked what the max amount of follicles they allow for OI. I was told 3,which sounded great (more target practice for dh's swimmers)
However, when I went for my consultation I was told that usually they allow 3 but for me they are going to allow 2 :thumbdown:
Felt a bit ripped off nd cheated into going with QE vs CFL. May I ask what treatment you had and if it was OI or IUI how many follies you were allowed.
Thanx again xx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE