You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

fee82

• "fee82" started this thread

Reg: Sep 23rd 2014

Tuesday, September 23rd 2014, 7:22pm

Share your experience

Hi There! I have just joined the forum so be gentle ::P

I am 32 years old, I have PCOS (I have had irregular periods since I was 13 but only just diagnosed this year) and 1 blocked tube due to scar tissue from a burst appendix when I was 8. I have been off the pill since Jan 2013. I am due to start on Clomid but first I have to take a course of Provera to stimulate a period. I have been told I will be on Clomid for 6 months and scanned every month to see what side my egg is coming from. After 6 months if unsuccessful I am being put on the IUI waiting list which is about 8 months then after that IVF which is about 12 months.

So I guess I am just looking to see who is in a similar position and what your experience has been with the drugs such as side effects, success and if anyone recommends safe herbal remedies to boost your system. Also I'd like to hear from people that have went through IUI and what it involved.

Thank you!! :)

Reg: Sep 25th 2014

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 9:24pm

Hi fee82,

I am also 32 yrs old. I have PCOS which was diagnosed 2-3 years ago. I still have regular periods and have been trying to conceive with my now husband for 4 and half years. I went to GP and I was put forward to check tubes etc via NHS. I was then prescribed Clomid, my 1st cycle i became pregnant but had a miscarriage. I tried for months after this but it never happened again.
From what I remember I had no side effects from tablets.

We got married in June this year and have now decided to go for IVF. I have now learnt as well as having POCS my right tube is blocked with fluid. I have been advised to do two things
1- have both my tubes removed to remove any toxic fluid that might be leaking into my uterus
2- try for IVF first and if it fails then have tubes removed and try again.

We have choosen to try IVF first as I feel alittle scared about having both tubes removed. I met my consultant on Wednesday and we will be starting our first IVF cycle on my next period (around 20th).

I feel quite scared, nervous and emotional. I only joined this forum today but feel at ease reading other stories.

x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE