You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "zebgirl28" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2014

Children: my dog- sophie marie

Friday, August 29th 2014, 4:13pm

Raised FSH male factor-how to reduce ?

Hi everyone,

My OH has been diagnosed with non obstructive Azoospermia, he has high FSH levels. Is there anyone that knows if there is anyway these levels can be brought back down to normal? Any help would be a greatly received . The care commissioning group in are area will not fund us for sperm extraction on NHS. ;( :?:
xfingers TTC since 2013
Waiting for wls (2014)
OH-Azoospermia confirmed(2013)
OH- Couple sperm found on test after sperm wash (2014)

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 5th 2007

What's Up?
My aim is to help improve chances of conception by comprehensive semen analysis and interpretation. Private holistic follow-up is available.

Wednesday, September 3rd 2014, 5:13pm

Hi everyone,

My OH has been diagnosed with non obstructive Azoospermia, he has high FSH levels. Is there anyone that knows if there is anyway these levels can be brought back down to normal? Any help would be a greatly received . The care commissioning group in are area will not fund us for sperm extraction on NHS. ;( :?:

Hi Zebgirl28
Sorry to hear your OH has raised FSH. This is an indicator that his Sertoli cells (the cells that nurture the sperm producing cells) are damaged. Currently this is untreatable, it can progress over time, and as you say the only way of possibly finding some sperm is by micro-TESE, but this is not always successful. It's strange how the CCGs will fund egg extraction (IVF) but not sperm extraction. It's sexual discrimination in my view but then I don't hold the purse strings. Have you contacted any fertility centres to see if they would do any deals on egg sharing with your eggs to help you out financially?
Best wishes
SS
Sperm Scientist's help is free, but if you found it useful

• "zebgirl28" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2014

Children: my dog- sophie marie

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 11:05pm

Thank you for your reply, we are looking to use a donor with are treatment now. I do think the funding policy is unfairly done and needs to change, but like you say we don't hold the purse strings. Its bad that people pay into the NHS with there national insurance, and not get anything back when they need help. Take take take xx

I appreciate your reply and honesty
xfingers TTC since 2013
Waiting for wls (2014)
OH-Azoospermia confirmed(2013)
OH- Couple sperm found on test after sperm wash (2014)