You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cinderella_27" started this thread

Reg: Aug 10th 2014

Sunday, August 10th 2014, 4:11pm

Newbie in Belfast...what's next?!

Quoted

Hi everyone :)

Quoted

I'm new to this site and looking for some advice from lovely ladies in NI.

Quoted

Here's my story... I stopped taking the pill after 9 years on it and I was lucky enough to fall pregnant within 4 months (AF around 5-6 weeks apart which was normal enough for me) unfortunately this pregnancy ended in an early m/c in Nov last year.

Quoted

Since then I have only had 2 AF...10 and 13 weeks apart and I'm awaiting my next one..(No sign and I'm 12 weeks in now). I had a 21 day blood test which showed I wasn't ovulating when I should have been so doctor says we need referred and asked me to inform my husband to visit his doctor and arrange a SA test in the mean time. Which we have done and are awaiting results.

Quoted

My question is what happens next? I have no idea who I am being referred to or how long it takes? I know that when I do ovulate my period comes exactly 2 weeks later, it's the long time period from AF to ovulation that is the problem. I also paid and got a pre pregnancy pelvic scan at a private clinic to ensure there was no damage caused by m/c and all was clear.

Quoted

I'm dieting, exercising and attending acupuncture I'm an attempt to regulate naturally but I'm getting frustrated with no signs. Any advice on NI referral procedures would be greatly appreciated or any one who has a story to share. :)

Quoted

Thanks xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Monday, August 11th 2014, 8:12am

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a general fertility section HERE there is tonnes of information there that you may find helpful and will answer some of your questions.

There is a general fertility FAQ section HERE which contains lots of guides to different aspects of fertility.

There is a guide to the initial fertility tests HERE which explains the tests you can expect to be offered.

There is a TTC naturally section HEREwhere you can get to know others TTC naturally.

There is a TTC naturally chatter thread HERE where you can chat and get to know others TTC naturally.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum..

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Children: One little boy - 2 years old :)

Monday, August 11th 2014, 9:41am

hi Cinderella. you will be seen for a consultation (prob at Grove wellbeing centre - there is a tread on the centre) and then they will decide on furtyher tests needed and treatment plan. fingers crossed you will only need clomid to help/make you Ovulate. And although its heartbreaking that you had a MC remember that it also shows your body is capable of pregnancy which is a hurdle that you wont have to overcome.

Have a look at the Grove thread its quite helpful. and shouldnt take too long to get your initial consultation I think i was seen within 12 weeks.

• "cinderella_27" started this thread

Reg: Aug 10th 2014

Monday, August 11th 2014, 10:38am

Thank you little prickly cactus :) your info has really helped. It's the not knowing that is driving me crazy so having some insight on what might happen next has really helped. Reading other forums shows its a long road and I just have to be a little more patient! I'll head over to the Grove thread for a nosey. Thank you again xx

Reg: Aug 12th 2014

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 8:41pm

As littlepricklycactus said you should be seen in 12 weeks. That's good your hubbie has had a SA done. My advice is to take a copy of all bloods you have had taken and your hubbie's SA results to your first appointment, it will give the consultant something to look at. On your first apt at the grove they will also take bloods, maybe do an internal scan and might want to do another SA. If this is the case I would recommend arranging a private SA (approx £90) to speed things up. They might put you on clomid or wait and review you again in 3 months. Take all the info you can to help them diagnose. Then at the second review they should put you on the waiting list for whatever treatment you need.

We are all different but that is what happened for me. We learn to be the most patient people in the world xx