You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ashastar" started this thread

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 2:25pm

Late period after failed treatment

I'm sure this is a question that's been asked hundreds of times but I'm hoping some of you lovely ladies who have had failed ivf can give me some advice!

I had my first ivf last month. Top grade blast transferred at 5 days but sadly resulted in a BFN. My period came on the day it was due which was my official test day. It's always been very regular, every 28 days without fail.

This month there's no sign of my period at all. I had expected that the drugs would probably mess things up a bit but it's now 8 days late. Around 12 days ago I had really strong cramping like it was coming but next morning I was back to normal. Since then I haven't even had any of the usual symptoms that it's on it's way. I'm just wondering how long it took other people to get their cycles back on track following a failed cycle? I'm anxious to have things back to normal as I'm hoping to have a FET in the near future.

Thanks xx

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Tuesday, July 22nd 2014, 9:21pm

Hi Ashastar

I'm very sorry to hear about your BFN last go.

I've found that failed cycles can mess up your menstrual cycle, but hope yours settles down quickly again.

xxx

Reg: Jan 4th 2013

Children: None YET!

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 5:41pm

Hi,

I had the same problem, I found it took around 3 months to feel normal after a failed cycle...

I'm sure it will settle soon :)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 7:28pm

Sorry to hear about your BFN. Sadly treatment does mess up your cycles and it may take a few months to get back to normal.

X

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Children: 1 - this is secondary infertility due to fibroid blocking my right tube

What's Up?
Gutted - where do we go from here

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 9:35pm

Hi Asha
I too have been the same as you after my BFN I came on 14days after EC then my next period was just like you described 5/6 days late no symptoms but that time I was heavy and was in pain once it arrived this time I was on time again,

I hope thing settle down soon and you get the go ahead with your FET , do you have any idea when it will be? I have my consultants appointment tomorrow so I should have more of an idea then what will happen next
Xxx

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 10:40pm

Thanks everyone. It finally turned up tonight, 9 days late. First time for as long as I can remember that I've actually been pleased to see it lol! Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem though.

Cheree, I had my post treatment review 3 weeks ago and the consultant said then that she saw no reason why I couldn't start the drugs for my FET when my period arrived. She told me to make an appointment at reception but when I tried I was told that there was no one available to make the appointment and that I would get a letter in a few days. A week passed and no word so I rang them only to be told that I'm on a waiting list for an appointment and it will be 1-2 months before I get an appointment! So I'm feeling quite frustrated with the whole thing! Is tomorrow your first appointment since your last treatment? I hope things go well and you are able to get started soon xx

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Children: 1 - this is secondary infertility due to fibroid blocking my right tube

What's Up?
Gutted - where do we go from here

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 11:16pm

Hi ash yes today was my first appointment since the BFN it should have been 4 weeks ago but I was on holiday so had to rearrange for today. It went ok I think, she said they don't know why it's not working, she said do I want to get my killer cells checked out privately first before going ahead with the FET, so I said well I have had a child naturally albeit 18 years ago so can killer cells grow.. Ie you don't have them in your 20s but you do in your 30s and she said no not really, I said well what's the point and she says no there is no point? She said they would have thought the endo scratch would have worked and said its best to have it done on the FET as well which we are going to do. At my clinc you have to call up and request treatment at which point they can say no each time but after three times of no they have to accept you on the fourth go, so not sure when it will be, she did say it's normally easier to be accepted on a FET so may be sept or October I'll be cycling but well see. The other thing is my FET are 3 day embroys what are yours? So only 50% chance of survival! there going to defrost both and see if both survive they'll put them both back. On is higher grading than the other so god only knows what will happen...

Fingers crossed we will be cycling together again :thumbsup:

Sorry you have a delay it's very frustrating when that happens, that's happened to me and it's annoying - I'm not getting upset with this cycle as I really don't feel I'm in control of anything it's all down to fate if they defrost ok so what will be will be .

Fx the next few months will fly by Hun xxx

Friday, July 25th 2014, 5:24pm

Hi Cheree, glad your appointment went well and that you have a bit of a timescale now. I'm thinking that it'll possibly be October for me too. I'm sure your 3 day embryos will be fine. I've been trying not to think about what will happen if mine don't survive the thaw! Mine are both 6 day embryos. The consultant said they would start to thaw the best one first and if it doesn't look like it's going to survive they'll then thaw the second one. Here's hoping it works out for us both this time! xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE