You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Podie

• "Podie" started this thread

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Children: 1 daughter from first marriage, currently 18 years old. She's the best.

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 8:57am

ReproGenesis in Brno, Czech Republic

Hi all
Just wanted to pass on some feedback for the clinic we've just used : ReproGenesis Assisted Reproduction – Center of Reproductive Medicine
We had had 5 IVF attempts in England using BMI Chiltern in Great Missenden with only 1 success which miscarried early. We don't get any NHS help and so this had totalled about £18000 :-(
Our problem is my egg quality and the process of going through a donor cycle is very stressful in the UK as you basically have to find your own donor (BMI didn't have any, there only suggestion was for us to use the Spanish clinic they were linked to) and it is also double the price! This year we finished paying off our IVF debt but there's no way I wanted to go through that stress and cost again. Which led me to looking into clinics abroad.
After emailing a load of clinics to get a 'vibe' and determine their protocols and costs, we chose Reprogenesis. It would cost about £4500 in total compared to £8000 at BMI. I had an English Co-ordinator Veronika who emailed me all the time with info and reassurance. Veronika is a darling, it was really easy to bond with her through email. They immediately homed in on my previous miscarriages, my age and therefore my protocol included more drugs than I'd previously been given, all in an attempt to get pregnant and then not miscarry. This was wonderfully reassuring! They found us a donor and gave us her basic details confirming her as a match to us. They ordered my drugs through an online IVF company Affordable Fertility Drugs | 25 Yrs Fertility Experience (who were also lovely, I called them to confirm something and they were really nice) and the drugs arrived within days.
As we'd been through this so many times before, everything went smoothly. When we went to Brnu to the clinic, I was really impressed. It's very modern, clean and...most importantly...happy : D I found our English clinic very sombre, as if staff were afraid to show any hope, but Reprogenesis was filled with smiling staff who just want to do everything for me and talk me through all the steps of what will happen. This is REALLY important to me as it relaxes me. We were all actually having a laugh and joke! The transfer itself was a breeze, I felt very cared for, no pain and all very positive. We were then given a full report of everything: a day by day account of how the embryos progressed, the semen results, the fertilisation results...everything. They even gave us a video of our embies! We never had this from BMI.
After leaving the clinic, I know what to do for the 2WW and am booked in for my beta (next Tuesday). The 2WW is always hell, but I'm currently 9dp5dt and in a good place :-) I feel very strongly that they have done the best they can for us, and already know that the next (hopefully pregnant) stage is ready for us too.
Basically, I can't recommend this clinic enough. I have already said to hubby that I would go again if this attempt didn't work. Ooh, and not forgetting that we went to Prague! Brnu is a simple bus journey from Prague so we only stayed one night in Brnu but made a little holiday to the Czech Republic, which is awesome!
Please feel free to ask me any other questions and good luck to you all out there on your journeys xxxxx
Much love xxxx
Cuddles to everyone xxx :girl_witch:

Reg: May 30th 2010

Friday, July 11th 2014, 6:56pm

Thanks for the post we were also looking at treatment abroad good to know you had a great experience. If nothing else a cheap fertility drug supplier is very handy to know about.

Do you mind me asking which were the other clinics you e-mailed? Or which countries were included? How did you make up your list?

Best of luck for test day and hopefully the 8-9 months after that xx

Podie

• "Podie" started this thread

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Children: 1 daughter from first marriage, currently 18 years old. She's the best.

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 6:52am

Hi Rianon
I literally Googled 'IVF abroad europe' and started clicking on each link/clinic. I made up an Excel sheet that listed each clinics' details (so they were easy to hand) and also put comments in such as 'How good/quick email communication was', 'how many visits were needed', 'costs including drugs and rough flights/accommodation' and finally my overall feel.
I went with ReproGenesis because I liked their communication, they only needed one visit (although my hubby had to pop over for his part) and the price was right.
These were the clinics I contacted:
Klinika leczenia niepłodności - Invimed
EGV Clinic - Fertility examination and treatment. Psychotherapy. Psychologist and Nutrition consultations. |
Assisted Reproduction – Center of Reproductive Medicine
http://www.ivfcyprus.co.uk
INVICTA IVF Centers - succesful IVF in PolandINVICTA Fertility Clinics
Ημιθέα - Ιατρικός τουρισμός στην Ελλάδα - Imithea

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the above clinics, in fact they all had their plus points, you just have to pick one that's all. My drugs ended up being 3 times what ReproGenesis quoted on their site but that was because of me and my factors. I find it really reassuring that they are using a protocol that my UK clinic never did.
I have friends who are just starting their IVF journey and I want to recommend going abroad BUT we went abroad after 5 IVF attempts in the UK and that is one long journey. You learn so much: emotionally, scientifically and financially that I'm not sure I could have gone abroad the first time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I'm a different person to when we started 7 years ago. Yes I wish I'd done this years ago, but years ago I used to have to take Prozac to fly I was such nervous person, and that isn't the right frame of mind to be in when returning with 'precious cargo' as my husband puts it : D
So it's a very personal choice, down to where you are on your IVF journey and how you feel. But I would definitely recommend it.
I'm apprehensive to say this as it's early days but we think ours worked [zx251]
Best of luck to you x
Cuddles to everyone xxx :girl_witch:

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 3:45pm

For Poland, I am not sure about Invimed, but top clinics are
Bocian - http://www.klinikabocian.pl/en/
fertility clinics Invicta - INVICTA Fertility Clinic - Warszawa - Gdańsk - Wrocław | INVICTA

Saffyk79

Reg: Oct 16th 2015

Friday, October 16th 2015, 9:17am

Dear Podie,
After searching the internet for peoples thoughts re ReproGenesis I am so glad I stumbled over yours. It has made me realise I have definitely made the right choice in clinic and now I can't wait for May next year. I hope you are well and had good news at the end of your 2WW.
xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Friday, October 16th 2015, 9:51am

Hi Saffy, I am currently undergoing treatment at reprogenesis and although I have sometimes struggled with the language barrier with some of the nurses whose English isn't great I would recommend them.

They are taking things at my pace and are very friendly and understanding.

This is my fifth attempt at a sibling for my son and we just couldn't afford uk prices any more. Including flights and accommodation we are still within the cost of a basic cycle at home and are having a lovely holiday as well as treatment. Food and entertainment are so much cheaper over here that you can make a good holiday of it.

Good luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Saffyk79

Reg: Oct 16th 2015

Friday, October 16th 2015, 1:48pm

Hi Curlytails,

Thanks for your message, I'm glad you would recommend them too. So far re just communication I can't fault them so I am am feeling positive. The trip will also be our honeymoon following our wedding in Feb so it would be amazing to have a BFP to add to what I hope will be a lovely trip whatever. Roll on 2016, exciting times to come.

Thank you for the good luck, same to you. What stage of treatment are you at exactly? Thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way xx

miamiamo

Friday, October 30th 2015, 1:47pm

Hi guys, best of luck to all and just want to say I keep all my fingers crossed

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Sunday, November 8th 2015, 7:56am

Just updating this post to say it was a BFN for us this time. However I would still recommend the clinic and if we do decide to give it a sixth try we will probably go back.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

miamiamo

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 5:10pm

Just updating this post to say it was a BFN for us this time. However I would still recommend the clinic and if we do decide to give it a sixth try we will probably go back.

Hello, I am sorry. Would like to say stay positive and wish you all the best with your next cycle

miamiamo

Saturday, December 12th 2015, 5:20pm

I found out that some feritlity clinics have own youtube channel / youtube films. Really great films of ReproGenesis youtube.com/watch?v=h3Bcljfzru4 and Invicta youtube.com/watch?v=r9uUHCjyhdE and youtube.com/watch?v=kW_WgZ-JBqQ. Suppose other fertility clinics have their own youtube materials.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE