You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "teamwillis1234" started this thread

Reg: Jan 15th 2014

Children: no

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 1:46pm

looking for advice

Looking to see if anyone has done the adoption route and know what checks are carried out and who in your family get checked.

its such a difficult situation and hard enough for us without involving all our family and there's being intruded also so great to have a rough idea what happens.

thankyou

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 2:23pm

Hi

Welcome to FZ.

I am an approved Adopter although have not yet had a successful 'match' as yet (long story) however there are a few girls on here that have adopted.

You will have medicals and CRB checks, they will also send a form to your employer for them to complete which just confirms that you work there etc.

With regards to references this all depends on each agency, we had to give 4. Mine was my mum & best friend and my husband gave his sister & his close friend, they have to each fill in some forms and then they had a meeting with our social worker. This may of course differ from agency to agency and will also be dependant on your own personal circumstances.

I didn't feel my referees were intruded upon as they are asked about 'you' and should be no different information to what you would have already provided.

If you become a member of FZ you will be able to go to the Adoption Diaries section where you will be able to read the girls diaires who have gone on to adopt - I also have a diary which you may find helpful.

I hope this helps you a little.

Good Luck xxx

• "teamwillis1234" started this thread

Reg: Jan 15th 2014

Children: no

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:33am

Thankyou very much that really helps to know, i think we are getting messed about so much with nhs that we may look at options this being one. Are uses still looking for a child or have uses decided against. How long did it take in total from first meeting.xx

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 8:38am

It should take about 6 months to get you to approval panel but there is no real time frame with being matched with a child, the other girls were matched fairly quick, we were also but unfortunately there were some complications with our child and now we are back waiting to be matched again. Its been 7 weeks since our match fell through but we were approved back in November 2013. However my situation is a very unique one and is very rare..

Definately read some of the diaries I think it will help you xxx