You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pip

• "Pip" started this thread

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Monday, May 26th 2014, 3:12pm

Alcohol pre I'vf

Hi all,

I have had my letter through saying we are eventually at top of nhs waiting list :weehee:

I'm expecting to start around august time all going well. The letter says not to drink alcohol and I want to give this every chance.
I am wondering when I should stop, should I stop completely? I'm not a massive drinker but have a few social events coming up, a wedding and weekend away with another couple, I'm wondering if 1 or 2 would be ok at these events. I don't want people asking if I'm pregnant if I don't drink but I also would rather not tell every1 we are doing I'vf either as don't want tons of questions.

Thanks for any advice you guys have

:xxx3:
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Monday, May 26th 2014, 4:54pm

Hi pip, congratulations on getting to the top of the list!

I'm currently more than half way through my first nhs cycle. At my pre treatment consultation the nurse said it was fine to continue to drink alcohol in moderation right throughout the treatment so I'd say you are absolutely fine to have a couple socially when you haven't even started. I have mostly avoided alcohol since my treatment started but like you I didn't want anyone thinking I was pregnant if I was completely avoiding it so I have had a couple of glasses of wine when out with friends.

Hope this helps and good luck! Xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pip (26.05.2014)

Pip

Monday, May 26th 2014, 5:06pm

Thanks ashtar, hope ur treatment is going well
xx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, May 26th 2014, 8:00pm

I stopped drinking about a month before my first treatment. By the fourth I stopped a week pre ET. I was only having about a glass a week or so then so not much. I think it's really a personal choice, if the treatment didn't work you don't want to think it might be because you had a glass of wine etc. my clinic told me no more than 5 units per week maximum but I just chose to drink nothing.

Good luck! Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Monday, May 26th 2014, 9:44pm

Thanks Net, I agree I don't want to look back and regret. I am leaning towards just 1 or 2 at the special occasions I have and then July on with nothing. Thinking treatment will be august so hopefully that will be ok

There is so much conflicting advice, some saying nothing for 3 months before treatment then some saying the occasional glass of wine can be beneficial.

In a similar vain I am currently on the herbalife diet, not really weight loss I am quite a fitness freak but again have heard conflicting advice that shakes are not good. Then others saying the protein content is good. So I don't know where I am with that either. Will probably stop just before treatment

xxx

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 9:43pm

I think you just have to use common sense and keep a well balanced diet with everything in moderation obviously the healthier you are the better but also the odd glass of wine or chocolate cake is going to mean the ivf won't work. You can get plenty of protein from normal things so I've never been a fan of the shakes just drink more milk, eat mode meat like Turkey and chicken and nuts seeds things like that.

The key is that you're as relaxed as you can be so don't give yourself more to worry about. My successful cycle I had the odd glass of wine with dinner up until et but I couldn't eat all the healthy stuff I wanted because the drugs gave me a dodgy tummy so I ended up eating what I fancied but generally I looked after myself before the cycle started so I think that helped.

Good luck xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pip (19.06.2014)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE