You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "blissfull" started this thread

Reg: May 10th 2014

Monday, May 19th 2014, 8:16pm

Basis for changing clinic?

Dear all,
Im feeling so let down by my clinic today and would have changed clinic if I hadnt already paid for a package of 3.
Ive only had one stimulated IVF done,which ended in mature but unfertilised eggs. This month they told me to take a month off from hormones. However since it looked as though I had 2 follies naturally this month they urged me to do natural ivf. They only gave me 4 days worth of Orgalutran. On ET saturday one follie turned out to be a cyst, the other had already ovulated. The doctor who did the ET was a stand-in from the National Hospital here in Denmark, he said early ovulation happens sometimes, and that there was nothing wrong with me. I wrote an email to my regular doc at the clinic to inform her about what happend, and to get some support.
But she just answered that it was normal for old eggs to ovulate too soon, and also thought shed inform me about the donoregg-option ! Should I try and get my money back and find another clinic?
Love F

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 10:01am

Hi

I'm sorry you are feeling so low. I've had two cycles with zero fertilisation so I can imagine how disappointed you are to not even get off the starting blocks with your last cycle.

As for your clinic - it is awful when you feel that you could have had better treatment, and I think you are right to ask lots of questions. I don't know how much it has cost you for the three cycles, but I'm assuming that it is considerable and you will want to use the other two cycles.

A couple of things:

- It doesn't sound right to me that they are deeming your eggs "too old" on the basis of one egg that ovulated early. Do they have any other basis for that assumption?

- Perhaps ask about the lack of fertilisation again. I had problems with this for a long time. It turns out that all I needed was longer on the final maturation drug (the trigger shot - mine is called Gonasi) - they normally leave you 36 hours, whereas I was left for an extra hour or so last time. It does make it a bit more stressful as I was worried about ovulating early, but apparently that is very rare. This is worth asking about, I think.

Hope you can find a way forward and feel hopeful again soon.

Take care

Jenny x

• "blissfull" started this thread

Reg: May 10th 2014

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 11:17am

Dear Jenny,
Thanks! My eggs were mature they said, but didnt fertilize. I had been on max dose menopur for 17 days and down reg, so my theory is that the eggs were overcooked. Just so sad that they dont take responsibility, and are SO quick to blame my age, after having only seen 2 eggs of mine in the lab. Ive read that Orgalutran should be given from day 6-7 of cycle to prevent surge of LH. I was given it on day 14!!
Love F

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 6:33pm

Hi again,

yes, I would guess that two eggs is nowhere near enough to make that sort of statement. For info - I had a similar 'natural' cycle several years ago now, and I thought that I'd been on the LH inhibitor too long too. They said at the time that that egg looked dodgy (cloudy, if I remember rightly). I've had multiple cycles since and, although I've had problems with immaturity, I've never had anyone say there was anything wrong with my eggs, in fact had the opposite.

Hope you can try again soon.

xx