You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "masha" started this thread

Reg: Jan 27th 2009

Children: DD is almost 4 y.o

Monday, May 12th 2014, 11:24pm

IVF Scotland/Spire

Hi Everyone,

We've had five cycles in Aberdeen but we've now moved to Edinburgh. Can anyone recommend a particular doctor working at IVF Scotland? Also, if anyone has had any treatment there what was your experience of the practical procedures such as egg collection and embryo transferral like. We had three single embryo transferrals, all with a negative result, so from now on I am keen on only double embryo transferral. Are they allowing double embryo transferrals at the clinic?

Many thanks for any info

Maria
Let's do it

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 7:37pm

I went to GCRM in Glasgow, but think they have a satellite clinic in Edinburgh. I could not fault them at all. I had DET but that was due to me being over 40. Happy to give you more info.
Jan

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Reg: Mar 18th 2012

Saturday, May 17th 2014, 8:49pm

I am having treatment in Aberdeen , had one fresh and one frozen cycle, both negative results. I am away to have another fresh cycle in August. I have already started to look at different clinics as I am not very confident with aberdeens treatment plans.

Hope you find a good clinic.

Xx

• "masha" started this thread

Reg: Jan 27th 2009

Children: DD is almost 4 y.o

Monday, May 19th 2014, 12:45am

Hi Jan, many thanks for the reply , GCRM was my first choice as well but sadly they stopped their satellite clinic in Edinburgh. We going to see the Spire but may still go for GCRM.
Hi Chocolate, I know what you mean, I think Aberdeen is not good especially if you are self funding. They have okish results for fresh cycles but awful for frozen ones, I am going to see the spire clinic in the next 2/3 weeks and if we decide to start the cycle I ll write to you how they compare with Aberdeen :thumbsup:
Let's do it

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Monday, May 19th 2014, 9:35am

Hi masha. Be interested to hear how you get on xx

Saeeda

Reg: Oct 7th 2014

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 11:15pm

GCRM in edinburgh has reopened

Hi Jan, many thanks for the reply , GCRM was my first choice as well but sadly they stopped their satellite clinic in Edinburgh. We going to see the Spire but may still go for GCRM.
Hi Chocolate, I know what you mean, I think Aberdeen is not good especially if you are self funding. They have okish results for fresh cycles but awful for frozen ones, I am going to see the spire clinic in the next 2/3 weeks and if we decide to start the cycle I ll write to you how they compare with Aberdeen :thumbsup:
Hi,

Just to let you know the Edinburgh satellite clinic at Edinburgh GCRM has reopened. Would highly recommend Dr Brian Brady there.

Saeeda

Reg: Oct 7th 2014

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 11:27pm

Edinburgh GCRM

Hi Everyone,

We've had five cycles in Aberdeen but we've now moved to Edinburgh. Can anyone recommend a particular doctor working at IVF Scotland? Also, if anyone has had any treatment there what was your experience of the practical procedures such as egg collection and embryo transferral like. We had three single embryo transferrals, all with a negative result, so from now on I am keen on only double embryo transferral. Are they allowing double embryo transferrals at the clinic?

Many thanks for any info

Maria
Hi Maria,

I found Spire quite poor - nurses forgetting to take bloods, embryologist disposing of extra embryos without my consent, no overall treatment plan at the start of treatment.

I would highly recommend Dr Brian Brady who is at the New Royal in Edinburgh and does the satellite clinic of GCRM in Edinburgh, although your scans and final procedures will need to be carried out in Glasgow.

All the best,
Saeeda