You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Shorty86

• "Shorty86" started this thread

Reg: Jun 24th 2013

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 5:29pm

ivf-spain clinic in alicante... HELP!

Hi all. In a nutshell I've decided to look into ivf in spain as I require an egg donor. I have had a chat today with a lovely lady from a smaller clinic in alicante called ivf-spain. It all seems good. They can very conveniently find me a donor and go through with treatment when I'm staying over there in June and their results look amazing compared to the results over here.... great right?! Except frustratingly I can find very little info on people's experiences of them good or bad.

So this is a desperate plea to find anyone that might have had experience of ivf-spain or any other clinics in this region I would be so grateful. Or if anyone has any tips on what factors to look for when choosing a clinic abroad.

Thanks so much. PLEASE REPLY.
Jess xxxxxx :)

Reg: Jan 15th 2014

Children: no

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:39pm

Hi jess, can i ask why you are not using a donor from uk.
Stacey

Shorty86

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:51pm

Hi Stacey,
I'm seriously considering Spain because the donor system seems so much better there. They still have a completely anonymous system and compensate their donors quite well which means their donors tend to be more young healthy women donating as opposed to here where donors tend to be women having IVF treatment themselves. Also Spanish packages tend to use an exclusive donor as opposed to egg sharing as is the norm here. Finally many Spanish clinics on paper at least have far far superior success rates and many offer refunds if cycles are not successful

However this is not to say I am not nervous about the idea. In fact I am terrodors about the prospect of giving anyone thousands of pounds of my none existent money for something which might not result in anything ^^ hence why I'm very interested to hear other people's input on the matter xx

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Shorty86" (Apr 5th 2014, 8:56pm)

Reg: Jan 15th 2014

Children: no

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 9:14pm

Oh i see, that's such a shame you have to go so far, we are in the situation were husband has problem and ngs is a joke still on waiting list neatly yr later after getting my bmi from 40 to 30 4 stone that is but still not good enough they want 29 before even on list. So hard isn't it x

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 8:16am

I'm sorry I don't have experience of this myself but I know there are quite a few success stories on this site of women using donor eggs abroad and hopefully one will be along very soon. Good luck x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 9:18am

I had a very positive experience using egg donation abroad and in fact we went abroad for all the reasons you have given. Although I had a traumatic end to my pregnancy this was very unusual and nothing to do with the treatment abroad.

We did not go to Spain but I know the Spanish clinics are generally very good, Spain and Czech being the two leading countries for ED really.

Feel free to PM me for more info. Good luck!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rb76" (Apr 6th 2014, 9:20am)

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 1:33pm

We are in the middle of a successful donor cycle, we used the institute Marques in Spain! We did one cycle and are currently 26 weeks pregnant! I'll be happy to answer any questions , PM me if needed. Good luck x :thumbsup:

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 8:50pm

:hello:

I don't know anything about the clinic you mentioned but generally Spain has a very good reputation when it comes to DEIVF.

I had treatment at Institut Marques in Barcelona and I had my first daughter thanks to them, although my first cycle was not a good experience (no one's fault, just bad luck and an unproven donor) and we had a second cycle FOC (very long story). So, I guess I would say do your homework and make sure you're 100% happy before you go ahead. Ask for a 'proven' donor so you know you have someone with decent eggs. I had three embryos put back on my second go as it was our last chance saloon. You'll probably need a UK backup clinic too as you might need a scan, it depends how they do their cycles.

If I can answer any general questions please feel free to drop me line and :goodluck: to you.

xx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Shorty86

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 12:33pm

Thanks so much for the replies everyone. I am waiting for the clinic to contact me to work out the logistics of it all this week but I'm fairly certain I want to go for it if I can pool the money together. Like people are saying spain seems to generally have a reasonable reputation in terms of quality so providing I'm happy with how the clinic are being with me I guess I have to make a bit of a leap of faith that they will do right by me

Just a couple of practical questions... How would people recommend is the most economical way of converting such a hefty amount of euros to pounds? Have obviously only ever converted 'petty cash' previously and am guessing this can make quite a difference. Also I'm very utd with scans/blood tests etc having recently had a failed cycle in the uk but what are the rules in terms of doctors in this country releasing these results? Are they entitled to charge me? Hopefully this issue won't come up but just want to be prepared if it does. One last thing, travel insurance?! Is it any more expensive if I'm planning this? I presume I'm covered as an eu citizen with a medical card for emergency treatment but not really looked into travel insurance.

Thanks everyone xxxx

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Tuesday, April 8th 2014, 12:41pm

We used a company called world first to pay the big cost, our clinic had a uk bank account and this worked well, I found the exchange rate better than what our bank could offer.
Travel insurance we already had through our bank account so can't help much there sorry.
We did need copies of our results etc from our uk clinic and paid for these, results from GP were printed out free of charge.

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Gracie

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 5:33pm

Hey

Hi Fx or similar are good for ordering large amounts of currency and I think you can use them for transfers too. You'll get a better rate of exchange than on the high street.

I never considered any special kind of travel insurance! I personally don't bother with travel insurance for Europe anymore as the medical card covers any emergency (be careful getting one of these if you haven't already got one as it is free and there are companies out there who will charge you for it) and our home insurance policy covers all our personal effects anywhere in the world. I guess there's always a risk I'd come unstuck with flight cancellations etc etc but the risk is so slight I'm prepared to take it! I sound a bit cavalier don't I?!?!? So, I'd say check what cover you already have before forking out for more.

I guess your clinic might charge you for copies of your results but I reckon it would be a bit cheeky as I bet you paid for them in the first place!

Hope this helps a bit.

x

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Shorty86

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 10:46am

Thanks everyone for being so helpful. Still struggling a bit with making a definitive decision but this is all really useful info. We just had such a terrible cycle here in the UK. Despite my sister who donated eggs having 2 young girls of her own and dp having lots of tests Inc dna frag with no issues we had reasonably poor fertilisation and were left with only 2 very poor quality embies by day 3. Nobody seems to want to commit as to why it went so badly but anyone that does seems to suggest it's more likely eggs. Still, I'm pretty terrified of parting with some serious money then finding out it's a problem with dp :S ... decisions decisions :rollseyes: xxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, April 10th 2014, 9:09pm

Hi Shorty,

Sorry no experience of Spanish clinics just wanted to say how sorry I am that previous cycle didn't work and wish you the best of luck.

xx Rianon

Shorty86

Saturday, April 12th 2014, 12:16pm

Thanks rianon. I'm sure we've spoken before? I hope you are doing well xx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, April 14th 2014, 6:53pm

Hi yes as I met a lady and her sister in similar situation to yours in real life so replied your previous thread. As per your sister's result IVF is so different from real life, also first cycle is mostly a trial so I would not worry about your partner's sperm, best thing is to ask the hospital which has done your previous treatment. Also however unfair it may be a lot more than 50% depends on the egg (maybe even 90%?? sorry can't remember now)

Thanks I am doing very well we are a family of four now :-)

xx

Shorty86

Monday, April 14th 2014, 11:06pm

Awww that's so lovely, congratulations :-). Yeh the clinic we used have recommended we don't use my sister again which is so sad when she was so willing to do this for us but we're both pragmatic people and know that it's better for me to try another donor who might respond better. You've summarised it better in 20 words than my clinic have been able to over several weeks though so thanks! DP's tadpoles seem to be fighting fit. He's even had a DNA frag test and it was an excellent result so can only hope that there's no problems with him and I guess if we go to Spain where donors are all young and fit we've got every reason to think we will get a good result. Try now or forever wonder I guess... Eek! ::P Xx

Gracie

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 7:56pm

Hey

It sounds to me like you should have an excellent change in Spain! :goodluck: to you!

xx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Percy

Reg: Aug 12th 2015

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 10:10am

Hello, only just joined site and was drawn to your post as it is the clinic I am currently using. Just wondered if you went a head and how you found the clinic? X

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Wednesday, August 12th 2015, 9:58pm

Hi, this is a really old post but hopefully someone from the clinic will say hello soon. Why not post a hello in the newbie section and introduce yourself?

Good luck xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Jan 13th 2016

Wednesday, February 10th 2016, 4:39am

IVF Spain Alicante - I did not have a good experience there

I had a very upsetting experience at IVF Spain Alicante, and I do not recommend going there.

I unfortunately can't post the details of my experience there on this forum because it's a UK forum and the UK's laws make the forum, not just the person posting, liable for any statements made there, so another UK forum (not this one) has already required me to remove my post. However, I recommend that you review posts on non-UK forums - in the US, the person posting, not the forum, is legally liable for any statements made, so my post that details my experiences at the clinic can still be read on the large US site with a 4 letter name starting with "Y".

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Tuesday, February 16th 2016, 4:39pm

Also you will find comments and reviews from current users on fertilityfriends co uk

Reg: Mar 11th 2016

Monday, March 14th 2016, 11:12pm

Hi all.
I'm making initial enquiries about egg donation abroad. Have a few shortlisted in Spain & Czech Rep but need to find a clinic ideally in Woking area of Surrey for the pre & post treatment as our current clinic are unable to do it for us as we're not having the main procedure with them this time.

Can anyone recommend either a clinic or where/how to find one?

Also, are there any of you ladies over 45 & pursuing this route? The thread on here for over 40s is 2 years old, so wondering if I'm on my own ;(

Purple Joe

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Friday, April 1st 2016, 8:51pm

Hey Purple Joe, I'm 42 and a half and had 3 mmc's from natural pregnancies and 1 failed IVF cycle in Feb in Aberdeen. Had our follow up appt yesterday and now looking at using a donor egg instead. The waiting list in Aberdeen is only 3 minutes so that's good or they suggested we could try Alicante as they link in with them and could have the scans done in Aberdeen first. We know very little about the donor egg process so waiting for the nurse to phone us back to go through it all. We just don't know where to start or to go abroad. Any useful info would be really appreciated. Thanks xx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

miamiamo

Saturday, April 2nd 2016, 11:01pm

Hi Rodeogirl, I am sorry to know about your loss. If you need more info on de process, I can recommend looking at w*w.eggdonationfriends.com/egg-donation-guide/ where you would find tons of info. As you are considering Spanish clinics, I thought it might be interesting for you w*w.eggdonationfriends.com/country/spain/ Hope it helps. Wish you good luck with your search and treatment. xx

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Monday, April 4th 2016, 2:03pm

Hi Miamiamo, thanks for the info, i will look them up when I get home fro work tonight. Much appreciated. We need all the info we can get at the moment as we know nothing about egg donation at all apart from a little the Consultant told us. Unfortunately Donor Nurse Coordinator was called away to cover up in egg recovery theatre due to staffing problems so we didn't get a chance to speak to her. She is going to phone us back and arrange to go through everything with us and explain how it all works. We hadn't decided on Spain for definite yet. Aberdeen have some arrangement with the clinic in Alicante for egg donation patients as their waiting list was so long in the past, and Alicante had no waiting list but now Aberdeen only has a 3 month W/L so that's not so bad. They just gave us the info sheet to have a look at and are happy for us to use anywhere else too if we want to. If we go to Alicante they share costs and can have scans, bloods etc done here and it would save on trips to Spain but we are happy to look into any places people can recommend.

Thanks again for the info and good luck on your journey too xxx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

miamiamo

Sunday, April 10th 2016, 7:12pm

Hi Rodeogirl, wish you all the best and your dreams come true. Keep my fingers crossed. xx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE