You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 22 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "zebgirl28" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2014

Children: my dog- sophie marie

Friday, February 14th 2014, 4:47pm

Information on Azoospermia

My partner has just been diagnosed with Azoospermia. Can anyone give me some information on this.

Many thanks x
xfingers TTC since 2013
Waiting for wls (2014)
OH-Azoospermia confirmed(2013)
OH- Couple sperm found on test after sperm wash (2014)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, February 14th 2014, 9:11pm

Hi and welcome to FZ. I am afraid I don't know anything about it but didn't want to read and run. I hope somebody in the know will be along with some help very soon xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 8:46am

Hello

My husband is azoospermic - I'm really sorry to hear you are going through the same thing. It means that sperm isn't found in the ejaculate (you don't know it's missing, because semen is still there.) My husband's was caused part by a genetic deformity - he was born without one of the vas deferens (these are the tubes that transport sperm from the testicle out of the body) - and part surgical error (his working vas was removed when he was four by mistake).

I think - and I am not an expert - doctors talk about obstructive and non-obstructive azoospermia (my husband falls into the first category). The non-obstructive has a hormonal basis, I think. In my husband's case, it meant that he had to have an operation to remove sperm. This was v successful - we got 18 straws (basically 18 rounds of IVF.....), and the sperm was frozen. We had a son with ICSI (a type of IVF that involves injecting the sperm into an egg) in 2010.

I think the biggest cause of azoospermia is a failed vasectomy reversal - could this be a possibility?

It will be a huge shock to you both - I remember the feeling very well. I hope you can get a consultation soon to discuss what might be causing it.

Take care

Jenny
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

• "zebgirl28" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2014

Children: my dog- sophie marie

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 8:04pm

Thank you jenny, my partner had his left testicle removed at a young age. I have a consultant who looking after me because my 21 progesterone came back at 22 (what ever that means). I'm scared of not having children not only with whatever is going on with me but with my partner too. Did you have you treatment by NHS or was it private? is the operation the treatment for Azoospermia? My partner has to have his s/a rechecked, ment to be called back some time this month but haven't heard anything as of yet.
xfingers TTC since 2013
Waiting for wls (2014)
OH-Azoospermia confirmed(2013)
OH- Couple sperm found on test after sperm wash (2014)

Reg: Feb 24th 2013

Children: 3 fur babies (2 cats and a scottish terrier).

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 9:18pm

Hi zeb,

Sorry to hear you and your other half are going through this.

There can be different reasons a guy is azoospermic. Like the above post suggests, there are obstructive or non obstructive azoospermia reasons and depending on which one of these it is, depends on the right fertility treatment for you both.

My hubby is azoospermic due to a genetic condition ( non obstructive). This cannot be treated, it's permanent.

How many SAs has your other half had? Usually 2 is enough for a diagnosis. Usually followed up with bloodwork,perhaps a testicular ultrasound.

Rest assured there'd is a reason which is causing your partners azoospermia and if the reason for this is found, then the consultants can treat him correctly and hopefully point you both in the right direction for fertility teatment.

All the best.
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI
1st-3rd DIUI - :BFN:
4th-6th DIUI (stim)- :BFN:
Moving into DICSI Sept 2017

One day at a time ......
starsmile

:xxx3:

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 22 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE