You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "zebgirl28" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2014

Children: my dog- sophie marie

Friday, February 14th 2014, 3:26pm

Has any one been diagnosed with azoospermia?

jHi everyone,

My partner has just been diagnosed with azoospermia. I don't know much on this condition and what are chances of having children are. Is there anyone in the same situation?
xfingers TTC since 2013
Waiting for wls (2014)
OH-Azoospermia confirmed(2013)
OH- Couple sperm found on test after sperm wash (2014)

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 9:01am

I understand what you must have been going through.
About 10 to 15 men in every 100 who have problems with fertility have no sperm at all in their semen (azoospermia). There are many reasons why this may be, but the most common cause is a condition called obstructive azoospermia. This is when you don't have any sperm in your semen because there is a blockage in both of your seminal ducts (the tubes that carry sperm from your testicles to your penis). The blockage may be in the epididymis, vas deferens or ejaculatory duct, which are all part of your seminal ducts. The obstruction may be: congenital or acquired.
Your doc may order SSR (that is surgical sperm retrival). In men with obstructive azoospermia there is a very high chance of recovering sperm by this method (>90%). In men with non-obstructive azoospermia the chances of recovering sperm is approximately 40%.
However, don’t give up hope as miracles do happen. Lifestyle changes and vitamin supplements (I recommend Wellman) may help your spouse to achieve a small sperm count if SSR is able to retrieve sperm.
Good luck!!!
Edward

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE