You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Amy123

• "Amy123" started this thread

Reg: Jan 14th 2014

Children: None so far

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 9:10pm

IVF Cycles - Northern Ireland/Grove Wellbeing Centre

Hi everyone,

I am new to the world of infertility and was wondering if any of you are attending the Grove Wellbeing Centre and have any of you got Dr Agbaje? I received my letter for a first appointment which will be January 28th, 2014, I am so nervous but also glad to get things moving. Can anyone tell me how many IVF cycles are offered on the NHS within northern ireland?

chaz84

Reg: Oct 1st 2013

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 9:52pm

Hi im chaz I go to the rfc at wellbeing centre in belfast u only get one cycle on the nhs but it takes a long time to get on the waiting list for for treatment. Our first appointment was in nov 12 and they do bloods and want ur husband for his test but u have to go to t h e royal hospital and then u get another appointment 3 mnths later for ur results and give u information then the next appointment u sign forms to for the waiting list for treatment. Our 3rd appointment was 10th oct 13 we have been on the waiting list for 3mnths and they told us 6 to 8 mnths. Gud luck hope its not as long as us chaz x

Quoted

Chaz84

Amy123

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 9:57pm

Hi Chaz,

Thanks for getting back to me. I know it will be a long wait but I am hoping the time will fly by. Its sad that we are only offered one cycle, one chance for most of us. I wouldn't be able to afford too many cycles privately by the looks of the price list on origin. Its very frustrating but I wont give up hope. I am worried too about my weight, did they check BMI or mention anything about this when you went for your first appointment? Do they do any other tests other than bloods to see what might be causing the infertility such as blocked tubes etc? Amy x

chaz84

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 10:07pm

Yeah they do a scan and bloods my tubes our blocked my clips I had clips on my tubes after I had my baby son joshua cos of a coil went thou my womb but joshua died 2yrs ago of cancer aged 2 I was heartbroken all I wanted was my clips of my tubes but the ulster hospital lied to me saying I was taking the early menopause the wellbeing centre did the same test and they came bk fine but since I was on for ivf he z it wud b better. Its so long the waiting but he told us he b putting 2 bk in for a better chance it all depends on r age for the best chance and also u need to cut out sugar caffeine and drink and if u smk stop. I I couldn't aford private at all so this is our only chance of having another. X

Quoted

Chaz84

Amy123

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 10:13pm

I am so sorry for your loss Chaz, I cant even imagine what you have been through! I really wish you all the best with your IVF cycle. Hopefully it wont be too long now for you to hear back from them. If your IVF failed (touch would that it wont), would the doctors then take the clips off your tubes, and if they did that, would you then have the chance to conceive naturally? X

chaz84

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 10:24pm

I dont think they will im saving in the mean time I need 4000. And wud need to go to Nottingham for a a operation but im hoping it will work and ill not b disappointed I couldn't take it if it didnt work. Thanks I have my good day and really bad days
Ive 600.00 saved so far. I wudnt go for another ivf id rather pay private for the operation and know its done right cos the nhs has put me thou enough and I dont trust them as much anymore x keep in touch ill let u know how its going amy x

Quoted

Chaz84

Reg: Jul 4th 2013

Children: 1 beautiful little girl

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 10:27pm

Hi amy I'm relatively new to the forum but not to TTC. I'm with Dr Tang. We had our initial appointment in sept 2012 ( most off my blood work had been done by my GP. ) it's very daunting but we were soon put at ease. You and your partner will be asked loads of questions. I then had to have an internal ultrasound it was painless, slightly embarrassing but by this stage you just want answers. I then had blood drawn and had to do a clamidia test ( negative, I might add! Lol) these are just procedure. Depending on your responses to the questions your doctor will determine what needs investigating. I know some women have to go for dye tests to check blockages ect. Your partner will be referred to the royal or a sperm test. My husband had his in October 2012. I didn't need to go for further tests. We never got our review appointment until April 2013. It was a long time to wait on results. At that appointment we were told that we would need ivf with icsi. We had to make a further appointment for 7th July 2013, I remember it well. We signed the consent forms and were officially on the list! We reached the top of the list 2weeks ago and go at the beginning of feb to start treatment! BMI wasn't mentioned at any appointment but the letter we received to go for treatment states that they will only treat if BMI is 35 or below

The wait is awful but it does fly by! I'm still in shock that it's my turn!

Amy123

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 10:30pm

You're off to a good start with the saving, that's great! I will keep in touch surely, goodluck :) x

Amy123

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 10:38pm

Hi Moo!! Ohhhhh i bet you are just over the moon that you have reached the top of the list! that is great!!! I am a bit nervous about the initial appointment, what sort of questions do they ask? I am glad to hear the Chlamydia test was a negative, good woman lol. you definitely did have a long wait but you're there now :) My BMI is currently 40 (eeek!) i joined a local slimming world group 2 months ago and so far have lost a stone and a half, hopefully by the time i go for any sort of treatment I will be below 35!! Having a unique goal like this will be a sure motivator! I will be following your journey on here over the next few months to see how it all works!! Its so exciting too! X

Saturday, January 18th 2014, 10:59pm

I'm sooo excited we have been trying for 4 years! The delay in the review appointment was that there was a backlog in the sperm tests. We were told at the royal when hubby was filling his little cup that there was a 3 month backlog in the tests so we knew we had a long wait ahead of us. My husband had a childhood injury that we thought was affecting us getting pregnant. It was also one of the reasons why I held off going to see my GP, just kept telling myself it's just gonna take us a little longer. I had a "perfect" 28 day cycle I knew I was ovulating so I blamed him (to myself ) I built up all this anger and stress that I kept hidden until I fell ill with the shingles. My GP asked if I could be pregnant as the pills she was about to give me could cause issues. I burst into tears and told her everything she referred me straight away. Fast forward to are review appointment and WE HAD SPERM! Woo hoo! I, however i had low AMH I couldn't see for the tears. Ivf was our only option. I always thought that I would never go for ivf as I couldn't do injections but now ill do whatever it takes, actually looking forward in a strange way to starting the injections. Hubby wants to do the 1st one lol
One other thing is that they won't do treatment if either of you smoke! Also, before they see you, you have to fill in a form about whether you would be a risk to a child!

Goodluck! If your doctor is who I think he is then be prepared, he's rather attractive lol I was getting my blood taken and he walked in. I had a giggle with the nurse, hubby was oblivious lol

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moo85" (Jan 18th 2014, 11:01pm)

Amy123

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 1:04pm

Oh I see, my partner had low motility on his first and second SA but everything so far has came up clear for me so im not sure what route they will advise for us! Aw god, that was a hard way to let your doctor know but at least you did it, its all about taking the first step!! I was watching a few videos yesterday on youtube about the injections and actually they dont seem as bad as what i first visioned lol. Hopefully itl be alright. Neither of us smoke so thats a step we wont have to worry about!

So the doctor is a hottie? Class lol, although I dont know how il react, i might get all flustered and embarrass myself lol. Which doctor do you have??

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 1:58pm

I've spent many a night watching videos on you tube. They've put my mind at ease somewhat. I'm amazed that so many women go through infertility and that some choose to be so open and put their struggles on you tube. it shows we aren't alone and I've taken great comfort that many have had postive outcomes! After watching so many I've thought I might want to document my treatment for me personally. Having the sperm test already done might get you through this process quicker. Be prepared for lots of questions but also go in with plenty of your own. I never and when I left I had loads of unanswered questions so I turned to google! information overload lol

My Doctor is Dr Tang, he also a consultant at the private Origin clinic. He was caring but straight to the point. Funny story, a week after my initial appointment I was driving through the city hospital going to pick up my sister. I didnt see the zebra crossing and this man walked across in front of me I had to slam the breaks on missing him by inches. He turned round and it was Dr Tang! lol I nearly killed my fertility doctor lol but all I could think off was this man had his hand up my lady bits and I went bright red lol

I've got my 1st appointment a week on Monday for blood screening me and hubby both go to that, after that we go at the beginning of feb for consultation were we are told treatment plan and receive our medication. I have tiny vains and nearly faint every time I have blood draw but I can't wait!

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Monday, January 20th 2014, 4:16pm

Hi Amy, I'm also on the waiting list at RFC although I'm with Dr Williamson who has been really lovely. My initial consultation was March 2013 then review appointment in September and I've been on the waiting list ever since. They did check my BMI at the initial appointment when they were taking blood so they probably will check yours too.

Oh my goodness I never thought to look on You Tube for videos of the injections. That's the bit I am dreading the most. Needles terrify me and I'm really worried that I just won't be able to do it. Am nearly scared to look at videos in case it puts me off lol!
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

chaz84

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 4:00am

Good luck with ur appointment moo, amy its a long wait but ive been reading a detox for fertility bfore ivf its detoxs ur body bfore u go for ivf and im ggoing to start it on Thursday 3 days of different juices and then eat healthier with no caffeine no sugar no gluten and eat loads of greens and buy vit for 5he next 3mnths or until I get to the top of the list. Ashastar ur just a mnth a head of me so as soon as u get to the top of the list ill not b far behind u hopefully and we mite b going thou are treatment together at the same clinic please keep me up dated as I dont know what to expect lol im a bit scared and a bit downhearted cos im scared of it not working I pray that all four off us get the best result and have little babies in our tummys. Good luck moo amy and ashastar xo

Quoted

Chaz84

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 9:22pm

Thank you Chaz good luck to you too hopefully you won't have much longer to wait x

chaz84

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 10:00pm

Thank u moo best of luck to u xo

Quoted

Chaz84

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 8:56am

Hi everyone, well it seems the time has finally come. Got my letter of offer yesterday and have to phone next Thursday to accept and arrange an appointment. Am now officially terrified!

How are you getting on moo? Any advice you can give me would be very much appreciated! Xx
Ashastar

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 5:50pm

Hi ashastar! Congratulations on getting your letter it's so exciting but very overwhelming! I must admit In the days after receiving my letter I found myself crying randomly or getting so excited by it all I could've burst! I'm sure you are on cloud nine but wanting to kick your postman for not delivering your letter before 2pm yesterday, I know I did lol Thursday seems so far away but it will be here before you know it. I phoned at 10.05, didn't want to seem desperate even though I paced the floor with the phone in my hand beforehand lol.

I haven't started treatment yet, we had a little hiccup but my drugs are chilling in the fridge ready to start on the 13th march. When you phone up they will give you two appointments. The 1st is for blood tests for both you and your partner. The 2nd is a Pre treatment appointment (ptc)were you collect all your drugs and go through how to administer them. They should be about 7 days apart. My blood test was about 2 weeks from phoning to accept. This all happens in the Royal, there is a small entrance to the side of the maternity building. Generally you start your treatment on day 21 of your cycle. My original ptc was before my day 21 so I should have started this month but the appointment got cancelled as they didnt have my husbands blood results in time. They couldn't reschedule in time to start this cycle unfortunately. I had my rescheduled ptc on Wednesday we went through all aspects of the treatment and the nurse answered all of our questions. She gave me a number to phone when my next period came. The nurse will then write out our treatment plan and will send it out in the post. If you are before day 21 when you have your ptc you will be given your treatment plan then and there. It's all so real now I'm very nervous about starting, mainly because im afraid that it won't work :( trying to stay positive though!

Good luck, keep in touch!

Moo x

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 9:13pm

Hi moo, thanks so much for replying. If they're able to give me the blood appointment within 2 weeks of me phoning then the OTC should be before day 21 so hopefully I'll be able to start sooner rather than later. Have you told any friends or family about your treatment? I haven't told anyone at all and I'm worried it things might get awkward with work! If everything goes to plan you should just be a couple of weeks ahead of me so fingers crossed in a couple of months it will be the maternity dept we're attending instead of the fertility clinic! I know exactly how nervous you feel. Up to now I was kinda kidding myself that I would fall pregnant naturally and wouldn't actually have to go through all this. It's suddenly so real and I don't have a back IPA plan if it fails. My husband is convinced that it'll be a success and I really hope he's right!

Let me know how you get on when you start the meds! Possibly a stupid question but is there any alternative to the injections? I've read about some people who seem to have the nasal spray instead?

Asha x
Ashastar

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 1:47pm

Hi, I thought the the same never thought it would come to this but I'll do anything to have a family! My husband is convinced it will work too. He tells me off whenever I suggest that it might not. I've told work they have been very supportive. It takes a load of your shoulders. My manager is also my friend so it helps a lot and she can arrange time off for me. My company actually has a fertility policy that allows time off for treatment without using holiday/sickness. Both our families know and have been so supportive. I was the same about the injections unfortunalty it's part of the stimming process. It's 13 days of injections but they are in the form of an epipen. You just dial your dose and stab yourself lol the needle is very small and fine. Don't know how brave I'll feel when the time comes. The last injection the "trigger shot" I'm a bit worried about because you need to use a syringe to draw up the liquid and inject but the nurse takes you through it all and you are given a phone number if you run into any difficulty. Before the stimming stage you need to down regulate and it's in the form of nasal spray. I've read that some clinics do an injection but not the rfc. There is also a few scans long the way but the nurse said they will be in the morning and marked on your schedule.

I hope you dates work out and you can get started sooner rather than later

Moo x

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 9:00pm

Hi moo, that's put my mind to rest a bit about the injections. An epipen doesn't sound nearly as scary lol! This is going to be the longest week ever waiting on Thursday so I can phone! I bet you can't wait til 13th march so you can get started! Have you tried any acupuncture or anything? I've been reading up on it and a lot of people seem to recommend it. It's quite expensive but I'm wondering if it might be worth a try. xx
Ashastar

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 9:15pm

No I haven't tried it but really want to. My mum bought me a voucher for accupuncture for Christmas but I haven't used it yet. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to afford further treatments as its £45 a go and for it to be effective you would really need to go once a week. I was looking online an apparantly there is a place in the city centre that does it fairly cheaply. It's run by holistic therapists that allow you to pay what you think the treatment is worth (think there is a minimum price of £15). There reasoning behind it is that it allows everyone to benefit from the treatment and go more often. It's a kinda no frills set up. My mum sees an nhs accupunctureist in the mater hospital he said I would benefit from it but he recommended that I tried reflexology as well. I'm off work this week so I'm going to book in with the accupunctureist. I definatly need to relax lol I've google the life out of this treatment but every time I see that it's been unsuccessful I get really stressed out. I downloaded the zita west cd from iTunes. Her voice would make you sleep. Your supposed to listen to it while you're going through treatment to help you relax. I'm willing to give anything a go!

Moo x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moo85" (Feb 23rd 2014, 9:17pm)

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 9:26pm

There's a girl on the cregagh rd in Belfast who specialises in acupuncture for people going through ivf and with fertility problems. She apparently trained with zita west so maybe worth looking into. She charges £38 a session. I was thinking of maybe trying there to see what it was like. My mum had acupuncture on the nhs too for arthritis and she found it to be good. I know what you mean about google. I have spent all day and night on it since I got that letter!!
Ashastar

Monday, February 24th 2014, 2:36pm

Is that Sharon Campbell? I was looking at her but I just kept putting it off. I bit the bullet this morning and I'm going to get acupunture on thursday. Its a place up the Malone road. I explained about the ivf and he said there was specific points he can use to help me relax. He said he was looking forward to treating me and really put my mind at ease so im really excited by it now x

Monday, February 24th 2014, 2:43pm

Oh excellent! Let me know how it goes. Yeah, it was Sharon Campbell's website I was looking at. I think I'm going to wait and get my appointments and stuff sorted and then give it a go. Pretty much willing to try anything if it increases my chances of this working!
Ashastar

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 5:18pm

Hi asha, did you ring the RFC? I got my schedule in the post today it's so surreal seeing it all planned out! I had my 1st acupuncture treatment today. It was strange I found it really hard to relax at times but that was more to do with the acupuncturist himself. It was a bit awkward at times epecially when he said the word uterus lol he was very timid and a wee bit embarassed. That being said I felt really relaxed afterwards so much so I had a little nap when I got home. I'm defiantly going to do it again but not with him. I'm going to try Sharon Campbell. He told me she was a specialist in fertility acupuncture and if I felt more comfortable with a woman I should try her.

Hope your well x

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 8:15pm

Hi moo, yeah I rang the RFC. Was a bit disappointed cos the earliest appointment they could give me is 26th march and then 10th April for the PTC. Just seems like ages away!! I know what you mean about the acupuncturist. I'm going to try Sharon Campbell too cos I would definitely feel more comfortable with a woman. God, I'd probably have had a giggling fit if faced with a wee timid man talking about my uterus lol! Glad to hear you got your schedule. Not long for you to wait now to get started! x
Ashastar

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 11:06pm

Aww that's really disappointing. Whereabouts in your cycle will you be at the ptc ? I've been sitting here giggling thinking about today he kept saying "Yem" in the softest most nervous voice, there is Yem a lot we can Yem do to help your Yem uterus get em Yem thick for Yem embryos as he looked sheepishly at his feet and went red lol I think he used to helping old women with joint pain lol the treatment itself was great though. When I came home my husband had made his own copy of the schedule and put it on the fridge. He added little check boxes so I could tick of when I took the spray/injection. He also put a little key of all the abbreviations he used. I decided to go to tesco to get something for dinner then I was going to head to my parents for a cuppa and to show my mum the schedule. My husband said take a copy for her to put on her fridge! I was like my mum and dad don't really need to know that I'm taking "1 vaginal cream 1x daily" lol (it's the progesterone after collection) he's a little keen lol the rfc schedule is very straight forward but he just wants to feel involved and he was in his element doing me up a little spreadsheet x

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 10:08pm

Haha that acupuncture guy sounds hilarious! I would have been giggling away. He was prob relieved when you left and he could get back to his old ladies lol! Aww, it sounds like your hubby is really involved in it but yeah, your mum and dad don't really need all the gory details! I suppose it's weird for the men cos there's not a big lot that they really have to do and I'm sure they want to be involved. My husband is insisting that he is going to give me the injections. Not sure if that's better or worse than doing them myself!
Ashastar

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 12:09am

My hubby thinks the same! When I told him I'm doing the injections, he huffed! Lol he said I'm a wuss and he has no difficulty sticking a needle in me! I want to do them, I know it will be hard at first but at least I know in my mind that it was done right and if anything were to go wrong it would be my fault. Men are left out of it all, even the letters our addressed to the woman with a wee side line "your partner must attend". My husband is trying to be so postive I've tried to speak to him about what will happen if it fails but he just said I was being negative. I wish I had his optimism lol he's had his moments though, I can tell it gets to him sometimes

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 8:47am

top of list

Hi girls im a new member to the website but i have used it for a while to read about everyones experiences.my story is tht we have been ttc for 3 and 1/2 years now and i have got polycystic ovaries so have only had about 2 periods in 5 months but also my husbands sa shows not great morphology but we had our review appointment at the beginning of october 2013 and dr tang put us on the waiting list for icsi.he seemed hopeful which was nice. But anyway as im sure you are all aware each letter u receive gets u all excited and u think finally we are getting a step closer. This is what happened about 3 weeks ago with me when i received a letter saying i reached the top of the list. I know it seems very quick and i thought maybe they got funding for more staff so i phoned up to arrange my appointment and the girl said im sorry that letter was sent to you by mistake.we will send you another letter to confirm this. I was heartbroken.i was so angry.i would have understood the error if my name was maybe a few from the top but i think im a bit further down the list. So after this along with other issues i am going through in my personal life as well i picked myself up and moved on with the help from my supportive husband. Yesterday i receive another letter saying i have reached the top of the list.i had no feelings.my husband said not to get my hopes up so i have to wait until thursday.i am dreading the call .i just dont know how i would handle them making the same clerical error twice to the same person.

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 5:06pm

Oh my that's awful! I wouldn't wait until Thursday, I'd ring the admin team 1st thing just enquire don't put yourself through days of torture. It very may be another error but it might not be I was put on the list at the beginning of July and my letter was sent out on the 31st December (got it on the 4th jan) so I was only waiting six months. You are going into you're sixth month so fingers crossed. Try 02890635888 and opt for admin. If you are at the top they will tell you and you can ring on Thursday to get all your appointments made. It's odd how it operate a lot of it is nurse led and they answer the phone at specific times. I really hope that it's good news for you, the wait is agony and to receive that letter in error was so cruel x

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 5:25pm

I know.i was heart broken at the time but hubby just said its coming anyway so we will just have to be patient. Thankyou for the advice.il fone them first thing tomorrow. Is this your first go too?so have u had ur appointments already? Its goid having people in similar situations to talk to because u all understand every feeling and emotion you are going through that others wouldnt even imagine. How are u feeling at the minute?more nerves or excitement?i really hope u get a good result.x

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 6:16pm

Yes it's our 1st go. At the beginning I was incredibly excited and overwhelmed by it all. Despite waiting all this time for the chance, as soon as the letter arrived it was like full steam ahead and I couldn't believe how quickly it was going. I was so excited I could have burst and got carried away by it all I was talking like it's defiantly going to work ( we were having twins and I picked out the pram! I needed a good slap lol) When you ring to accept you are given 2 appointments one for blood screening and one to collect the drugs and go through the treatment plan called a ptc. At the blood screening the nurse told me I would be starting that same month as the ptc was before day 21 in my cycle. Again I was so excited was googling everything and watching you tube videos but the day before the appointment the rfc phoned to say that they had to cancel the appointment as they had to run my husbands bloods again as it was inconclusive and wouldn't have the results in time. Despite reassuring me that everything was ok I was beside myself. It was like someone stuck a pin in me. I convinced myself that there was something seriously wrong and we wouldn't be able to continue with the treatment. They phoned the following day to say that it was clear but I couldn't get another appointment for 2 weeks meaning I would have to start the following month. Weirdly I think it has done me the world of good, I need something to bring me back to reality I'm a bit more relaxed about it although I'm still very nervous about the outcome. Before that it had all be going far to quickly. I have my drugs in the fridge waiting to start the down regging part on the 13th march (I keep peaking at them to make sure they're still there lol) I've booked myself for acupuncture and I'm trying to stay positive but also to remain realistic to our chances. It's hard not to get a little excited, this is our chance to finally have a baby. This forum is a great source of support especially for us local women. I really hope it work for all of us. There is a thread in the cycle buddies called the December dollies and there is a few local women who had their BFPs during the same cycle at the RFC it's really encouraging x

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 10:32pm

I know exactly how u feel.planning it as if its a definate and thinking about twins etc but then realising u need to keep ur feet on the ground and take it one step at a time. Ur almost there now though. I wud imagine it to be very nerve wrecking wen u get closer but everything is worth it for the chance to have a little miracle.im sure u were gutted initially about having to wait on bloodd again but the extra time has prob done u good.i feel the same from the clerical error.it made me realise i wasnt ready for it at tht point.everything works out for the best and how its meant to.its quite scary how quickly the process goes once you get to the top.its daunting for me to think about. I had considered accupuncture too for both me and hubby but i cant afford to pay for both of us to go regularly amd i think it needs to be regular to work.does ur hubby take anything to improve things at his end?i will have a look at the december dollies to keep updated on everyones progress. Its amazing how much talking on this destresses me.its like therapy.its so good to have people understand. X

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 9:12am

Just phone the number to see if my letter was genuine this time and it was.iv finally reached the top of the list.that has came kot sooner than exoected so time to get organised now.i needto try to regulate my periods cuz iv only had 2 in 5 months.

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 10:32am

That's fantastic news I'm sure you're over the moon! I'm not too sure what the protocol is for regulating periods I've heard some clinics put woman on the pill but I've always been regular so it's never been an issue. I'm so happy for you x

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 11:21am

Thankyou. And thanks for telling me to phone today otherwise id be waiting until thursday. Iv read alot online so i think il buy some vitamens and stuff tht are supposed to be good. Keep me posted on how you get on with your meds and good luck with it all. X

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 2:55pm

You're welcome and thank you! Me and my husband take pregnacare conception vitamins for him and her. They are a bit on the dear side but there is always a 3 for 2 deal in boots. The clinic recommend taking 400mg daily of folic acid x

Thursday, March 6th 2014, 10:15pm

Hi girls, haven't been on here in a few days so just catching up on how everyone's been getting on! Littlemiss that's terrible that they sent you a letter saying you were top of the list when you weren't Thank goodness you didn't have to wait much longer to get the real letter!

Moo, my husband refuses to acknowledge that it might not work either. Sometimes I think he doesn't really understand all the ins and outs of it and just thinks that it's a straightforward procedure. I think we're both going to get our eyes opened when we go for the appointment where they give you the meds! I was just working out my dates and I reckon I should be around day 21 when I go for the PTC. Really hope I'm not past it cos I just can't bear the thought of having to wait another month to start. This is the longest drawn out process ever! Wish so much we had the money to go private.
Ashastar

Thursday, March 6th 2014, 10:20pm

Moo thanks for ur advice .i got folic acid today and will buy wellman his and hetd at the weekend.anything that helps il try.
Hi ash. I know it was bad but luckily today i got booked in for bloods o. 2nd april and meds on 16th. It feels like its goin so fast now.
Hoprfully. Can start ur meds straight away.it wud be awful having to wait another month.it is so drawn out.very unfair that other parts of uk get 2 or 3 goes free x

Friday, March 7th 2014, 9:07am

Hi littlemiss, your appointments are close to mine. My bloods are on 26th and meds on 10th april. I sort of feel at the minute like it's not really happening. I'll probably freak out when they hand me all the meds and tell me to start injecting myself lol! I don't know why we only get one chance here while in some parts of England they get 3 tries. Definitely not fair! Fingers crossed we all only need the one attempt x
Ashastar

Friday, March 7th 2014, 9:27am

Oh really?thats good to knoe i have a few people going through it with me. I know im the same about the meds. Its the part i dread most but its all worth it.i feel happy that its started but anxious too because its the one chance we have so we just need to believe in it. Yeah hopefully the one attemt is enough.
My sister was telling me about a book called the secret that she git and said it helps with how u think of things anf what u believe will happen will happen. She said its good for ur mindset especially with this treatment and a few of her friends believe it helped them too. At this stage im guna try everything so maybe have a look and u might find it helpful too.x

Friday, March 7th 2014, 8:58pm

Hi girls. The postcode lottery definantly stinks but I am grateful that we have been given this chance. It's my birthday today. I had a lovely day with my mum, sister and my gorgeous niece. I've just sat down with a large glass of rose I'm hoping that this will be my last drink for a very long time! I start my nasal spray on Thursday I'm really excited :) x

Friday, March 7th 2014, 10:08pm

Hi moo happy birthday.i hope on ur next birthday u will get a happy birtgday mummy card maybe.

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 8:47am

Sorry moo my lasy messahe didnt send completely.the postcode lottery is unfair considering we akl pay the same taxes but all we can do is hope that it just takes the once. Im sure u are over the moon to be starting treatment. Ur well on ur way now. U may have saw these videos on youtube but if not check out chelenic.she has been throygh ivf 3 times and has lots of videos explaining each step.she even videos her doun the injections so yoy can see how its done.it made me less nervous.she had twins in the end.x

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 12:15pm

Aww happy belated birthday moo. Glad you had a nice day and enjoyed your glass of wine! Hope all goes well on Thursday. Keep us posted x
Ashastar

Lexi28

Reg: Mar 8th 2014

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 9:05pm

Hi ladies I'm new to this forum! I just want to ask anyone due to start or had an icsi treatment at rfc belfast, how long you were spraying for before starting injections? I am going for my Drugs appt on 13th ( bloods done on 25th feb) and just curios to know what a general schedule looks like? My hubby has azoospermia, no chance of natural conception and this is our first round on nhs. Clueless! Nice to know were not alone in this process!!

Sunday, March 9th 2014, 12:12am

Hi Lexi I start my nasal spray this Thursday. I start my injections two weeks later, continuing on with the spray as well. The nurse said you take the spray for two weeks as a minimum. I have low amh and I'm on higher dose of gonal f. From start of sniffer to egg transfer is only 4 weeks for me then I have to add another 2 weeks until I'm able to do pregnancy test so that's 6 weeks in total! It all seems so quick but very exciting We do have a male factor added in but they don't seem so bothered by it but we are doing icsi. I wish you all the luck in the world x

Lexi28

Reg: Mar 8th 2014

Sunday, March 9th 2014, 2:24pm

Thank you moo! That is very quick! :) :) it seems like you wait forever to get to this point , it's nice this end will be a bit faster for you! I'm hoping to start my spray the day after my appt as it will be day 21 for me. Perhaps we will be cycling around same time!! Nervous as heck but praying it will be all worth it! Wish you all the very best for your cycle too moo, hope to hear some good news from u soon !

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE