You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "NELLY1103" started this thread

Reg: May 17th 2013

Children: NONE SADLY BUT HOPEFULLY GOD WILL BLESS US ONE DAY WITH A MIRACLE

Saturday, December 21st 2013, 10:01pm

ABANDONED CYCLE DUE TO FLUID

hi all, just lookin for a bit of advice as i felt the hospital didnt really explain anythin to me.

Was undergoing my very first fet we have 5 snowbabies,, all scans seemed to be fine up until the 2nd last one where fluid was discovered, i was told to continue with drugs and to get another scan several days later, to our dismay the fluid was still there along with a cyst... the fluid caused our cycle to be cancelled and it gutted us both badly, my dh cried all the way home so heartbreaking to see as we thought third time lucky,, does anyone know as to why fluid appears ? is there no way to prevent this from happening on our next attempt which should be around feb march,,, how likely is it to happen again?

also is it possible at all to get our snowbabies transferred from once clinic to another as i feel the hospital has never really sat us down and explained anything or supported us in any way through our failed attempts, its always felt like sorry you failed, next,,,,,,it is on nhs?

any advice welcome :thumbsup:

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Saturday, December 21st 2013, 10:42pm

HI Im so sorry your cycle was cancelled, it must have been disappointing. Try to think that it's better its cancelled rather than defrosting your snow babies for it not to work due to the fluid. Unfortunately I have no idea about the fluid build up, but I am sure someone will be able to advise you.

I am fairly certain you are able to transfer your snow babies to another hospital as I know others have, however I don't know if there will be a charge for this, I would presume so. Definitely ask them though as you need to feel comfortable with who is treating you.

Wishing you lots of luck! Xx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

• "NELLY1103" started this thread

Reg: May 17th 2013

Children: NONE SADLY BUT HOPEFULLY GOD WILL BLESS US ONE DAY WITH A MIRACLE

Wednesday, January 1st 2014, 7:29pm

thank you for your advice, i think i need to try and speak to someone as i feel so left in the dark and tbh im finding it hard to cope with things , another yr goes by another yr older i am :thumbdown:

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, January 1st 2014, 7:48pm

I'm so sorry. Ask lots of questions and don't take no for an answer.

You may not be able to transfer your frosties depending on how they were frozen. I couldnt move mine.

Good luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Sunday, February 2nd 2014, 11:50pm

Hi, what have your clinic said? Sorry I didn't see this until now. I'm afraid I don't know re the fluid. I have a friend who transferred her frosties, she had to pay but I don't know how much xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Monday, May 5th 2014, 11:28am

I am sorry to hear about your IVF cycle cancellation. Well, I believe, this can be a side-effect of stimulation medications. When a patient undergoes an IVF cycle she is given FSH which stimulates the ovaries into allowing all the possible follicles (& eggs) to develop.
OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation) occurs in about 1-2% cycles, where the patient’s ovaries over-responded to the medication. They are enlarged and can cause fluid to build up in the abdomen and pelvis and possibly lead to blood clots.
This can usually be prevented through close monitoring of the woman's response to medications and in some cases, the treatment cycle may have to be cancelled.
Prevention of OHSS is always the best strategy. OHSS can best be avoided by judicious use of fertility medications. Share your history with physicians there, if you are trying at new clinic so that they can adjust the dosage based on your previous response to these drugs.
Hope it helps.

Edward.

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, May 5th 2014, 12:29pm

I think this was a FET so no stimulation drugs were taken. Nelly, wishing you all the best x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE