You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ginn

• "Ginn" started this thread

Reg: Oct 5th 2012

Children: one day!

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 6:22pm

Type 1 Diabetes: particularly clomid and how this has affected people's blood sugars?!

Hi!
I'm not exactly new here as I posted a year ago when we first got our test results however...I've just started on clomid and I have type 1 diabetes for which I use an insulin pump. I'm feeling pretty rank but manageable but my blood sugars have gone up. Today was my last tablet, I'm day 6. I was just wondering if anyone had more info on this or personal experience? Not sure if I should expect dodgy sugars the whole time or just the days I take the tablets?
By the way I asked my dr but she didn't know!
Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, November 22nd 2013, 8:01am

Hi, Ginn
I must be honest that I do not know the answer to your question. I am a type 2 diabetic and neither Clomid nor injectable stimulation affected my blood sugar level. I don't know whether this is different for type 1 and type 2...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE