You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 3:52pm

low hcg level at 14dp3dt

hi

bit upset today i think. i have got to get round my gp to get me a repeat test for 48 hrs. my hcg came back today at 67.2. the nurse i spoke to said she would have liked to see levels over 100. so i rang my clinic in spain and she agreed about preferring to see levels of over 100. she has said i need to get a repeat done. now i know the numbwr isnt exactly important just thats its doubling. but none of them would answer whether im pregnant or not. google is confusing the hell out of me and im quickly going round the twist. spain clinic said ahe couldnt rule out chemical.either.

god this journey isnt for the fainthearted!

does 67.2 seem particukarly low or is it a bit of scaremongering. also stomach is cramping quite badly today and i have that premenstrual odour. sorry if tmi

any answers would be greatly appreciated

thanks

jade xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 5:00pm

According to HCG - beta HCG (not endorsed by FZ) the average pregnancy hcg for 17dpo is 132 but it may vary from 17 to 429, so whilst your level is on the low side all could still work out fine.
I agree that you need a second beta 48 hours later to check for doubling.
Personally I'd say for now you're pregnant, I hope it works out ok! Very stressful I know.
The cramping and odour mean nothing I'm afraid I had loads of cramping in early pregnancy x

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

What's Up?

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 5:12pm

thanks ros,

My uk gp has rang me back and said yes to giving me a blood form. reminded me.as this was private tx i will have to pay for it. like i dont know. unfortunately my local hospital doent open the bloods dept over the wknd. so i wont be able to repeat the test till monday.

thanks for the reassurances though.

i hope youre ok

thank you again

xxxxxx

What's Up?

Monday, November 18th 2013, 2:40pm

ok. so im completely confused. had ET on 31/10/13. 2x 3dt.
on 14/11 my hcg came back at 67.2.
18/11 my hcg came back at 164.6

so im pregnant, but how pregnant and how viable?

im thinking best case its viable (clinic said it could be late implantation)
chemical pregnancy, but atm numbers are still rising (but a rise from 67-164 in 4 days, im presuming not good)
oe ectopic preganancy.

dont know if i should factor in my age (41) or 2 fibroids in my womb (meet fred and george) but all scans have shown there not growing much and there not in a position to impede implantation apparently.

Spanish clinic has asked for more bloods, but i have refused. said it costs too much and all this numbers rollercoaster is messing with my head too much.

uk clinic has offered me a.scan on dec 2nd. so i might just have to go for that if nothing happens in the interim.

obviously i know you cant tell me if its viable or not but can anyone tell me how far along i possibly am and if these numbwrs look ok, even if a bit low.
does late implantation even exist?

argh - losing the plot!

any help greatly appreciated

xxxxx

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Monday, November 18th 2013, 6:43pm

:rant: I cannot believe that the NHS won't do them for you! At this moment in time you are pregnant and no matter how you came to be pregnant they should now be looking after you! I would try and see a different doctor and insist on bloods done 48 hours apart! I know it is stressful to be having them done and waiting but it would be better than waiting till 2nd? Perhaps.

Otherwise I wonder if you can be referred to your EPU? That is what happened to me last time and they did bloods and I got the results the same day, you may have to lie a little and tell them you have some pain? A little white lie doesn't hurt to get things rolling!

Hope things get orated for you, it's always stressful when things are uncertain! [zx127]

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

What's Up?

Monday, November 18th 2013, 7:55pm

thanks rico.

i guess my head is messed and no-ones being straight with me.
spanish clinic says could be late implantation. checking on internet, thats bad anyway.
just want everything ended 1 way or another, but on the other hand, im quire happy to bury my head in the sand lol

thanks anyway for trying to help
xxxx

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 11:19am

rico honey,

thank you. you reminded.me of what EPAU tild.me last august, when thry were checking my hcg levels as i suspected as i was miscarrying (which i was). she said if you get pregnant again and youre worried, dont bother getting gp to refer you, just ring us. so i did this morning.
i told the truth. said i wasnt in pain but my hcg levels are very low, but.doubling every 3 days. explained my fr has said im not allowed to have nhs looking after me as i had private treatment elsewhere and private blood tests are too expensive. told her my levels and that my clinic needs.me to keep checking them but i cant afford to. explained as im on patches i wont bleed naturally so the only way to tell is hcg levels. she is absolutely disgusted at my dr saying im not entitled. she says however the pregnancy was created i am entitled to the nhs looking after me now. she offered me thurs at 9 am but i had to refuse that as the funeral is at 11.15 (and clinic have told me ive got.to rest as much as possible). so now i can go anytime friday morning, they will tell me the levels in the afternoon and then im to go back sunday. she said they will keep monitoring me until they deem it viable/unviable.
So thank you for your advice, it was spot on. i really appreciate it.

jade xxxxx

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 7:13pm

Good for you! I'm disgusted at your doctor too!

I've had all my bloods on the NHS so there is no way you shouldn't either! Glad your sorted now, hope the levels ave risen!

Hope the funeral goes as well as they can!

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 7:37pm

blowkiss
thanks rico. wont know.tell friday. but as.i have had hiccups twice.in the last 3 days (xdh found that highly amusing) and ive not hiccups in all the time xdh has known me and feeling dead sick after evening meal over the last 2 nights. feeling yucky again now. im praying these are.all good symptoms and friday will just confirm that please god!

yeah, i think my drs.a bit of an a***hole too - so gald i had you to guide me. got 1 over on him pmsl.

thanks.again rico

xxxxxxxx blowkiss

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 11:06am

Hi hope you don't mind me posting jade but been following the October thread and saw that you mentioned you didn't think that your period would come while on patches.

I know all ladies are different but I had a chemical pg or very early mc last fet cycle and a week after my otd I started bleeding and I was on maximum estrogen two patches and 6 tablets so it didn't stop af arriving so I'd say if the hcg is rising and tests are still strong positives I'd be hopeful.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 2:35pm

thanks macksie.
i would have thought that too, but michelle at the clinic said no bleeds would come because of the patches. so now im a little confused :-/.

sorry for your loss, but great news on on this pregnancy, i too have been following sept surprises and have been ecstatic with all the positives on there.
i was hoping that october would be as brilliant. although we do have a set of twins as well - how brilliant is that? :-).

guess i shall just have to wait and see.

thanks for the words of encouragement though

xxxxxxx : D

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 3:25pm

It's certainly a waiting game not helped if your results haven't been what you expected. I hope it's not too long before you get the reassurance you need.

September was definitely a surprising month in many ways!
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 4:03pm

thanks macsie :-). spoke to soon. wiped brown blood away about half an hour ago :-( been loo again and wiped nothing. now i am officially goin insane argh. roll on friday as EPU. have agreed to do more hcg's. for free this time :-)

trying so hard to hold onto hope, but these extra bits are not helping

thanks again macsie for.trying to.reassure me :-)

xxxxxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE