You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gnorry" started this thread

Reg: Mar 10th 2010

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 12:21pm

Downregging for almost 2 months?!

Hello everyone,

I am about to start Buserelin in order to synchronise my cycle with my egg donor, and this is the first time I do downregulation. I will be doing injections for 2 weeks, then wait for my cycle, then do some more injections while my donor is on the pill, and then some more injections while my donor is stimulating. Altogether I will be downregging for almost two months, and I suspect this is because the clinic is closed over Christmas so they are keeping me coasting for a bit longer than normal.

I am worried that my body might just shut down and my endometrium won't be growing when the time comes.
I also worry that I might turn into a hormonal mess (I have only ever done short protocvols in the past).
Any help or experiences of such a long downregging time?
Thank you!!

What's Up?

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 4:34pm

Hi Giulia and welcome to :FZ:
Some clinics do use down regulation to suit their schedule, but you should worry as they will give you drugs to 'switch you on' again and enough time for your endometrium to grow. They normally time everything.
Good luck!

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, November 11th 2013, 1:53pm

Hope you get lucky and won't have the mood swings. Some people do some don't. In an case hope you partner looks after you and makes this experience just a bit easier. The rest is as Maria said : don't worry, they will 'switch' you back on.

Reg: Jan 4th 2013

Children: None YET!

Monday, November 11th 2013, 5:29pm

Yep don't worry at all. I down regulated with spray for 6 weeks xx
3# Clomid BFN 2012
1# IUI injectibles 2012 BFN
1# IVF Feb 2013 - BFN
2# IVF August 2013 - freeze all due to OHSS
1# FET Dec 2013 - BFN
Bring on 2014!!

• "gnorry" started this thread

Reg: Mar 10th 2010

Monday, November 11th 2013, 5:39pm

Thank you, girls!
I guess I am less worried about getting moody and crazy than I am about getting too thin an endometrium, but if you say they will manage to switch me back on again, then that's ok. Thank you for your replies!!
PS Good luck with your FET, Snuggly!