You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "NELLY1103" started this thread

Reg: May 17th 2013

Children: NONE SADLY BUT HOPEFULLY GOD WILL BLESS US ONE DAY WITH A MIRACLE

Thursday, November 7th 2013, 9:27pm

FET, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE THAW PROCESS

Hi guys, i am due to start my 3rd attempt of ebcoming a mummy, this time it will be my 1st FET. We have 5 snowbabies but im unsure of the procedure etc.

I am petrified this time round for some reason, the last two i was kinda excited and raring to go however this time im scared as anything incase i cant handle another fail. I start my nasal spray on the 10th and i have my 1st scan on 26th, but my question is , how long does it take for the snowbabies to thaw and do they thaw them all at once?

Does anyone know how long the Fet whole procedure takes and is there anything i can do to give us a better chance?

I dont smoke or drink at all.

any advice greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, November 8th 2013, 12:15am

Hi Nelly, what days are your snow babies? Mine were at 2s and they thawed them first thing and called me a few hours later and to say whether good chance of taking them to blasto etc.

I was on a long protocol each time and so took the OCP for three weeks it was then between 2 and 3 weeks for the DR, scans, thawing etc.

FET is far 'easier' than fresh on your head and body, I can honestly say I was far more relaxed on my last one, I had a few nice massages, had pre and post transfer acupuncture (couldn't afford it throughout treatment), I ate Brazil buts and fresh pineapple Coe to help implantation too.

Wishing you so much luck xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Saturday, November 9th 2013, 3:08am

I agree fet is so much more relaxed less appointments required etc.

If you've got 5 I would say they'll thaw 2 at a time.on the morning of transfer if they're blasties which usually have a good success rate of thawing. Like dusky said If they're earlier embies then they may thaw earlier to let them develop.

For me accupuncture was a God send the progynova and down reg can make you feel quite tired well it did me so it helped with the side affects and just to cope generally. Personally I don't think there is any magic answer to success on a cycle it's all down to nature and whatever other variables or odds that play a part so the best thing you can do is be as relaxed as possible and look after yourself. Just be realistic that it may not work and have some plans in place if it doesn't but be hopeful for it to work which there is every possibility it will.

Lots of luck xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Macksie" (Nov 9th 2013, 3:09am)

Reg: Oct 9th 2012

Saturday, November 9th 2013, 1:22pm

I have 5 blasts really want two transferred how many many will I thaw ???please ladies help

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Saturday, November 9th 2013, 3:09pm

Hi, I had 5 embies on my first attempt at fet, I told embryologist I wanted two transferred so he defrosted two initially, one didn't survive so he done another and I had my two. (Mine weren't blasts though) chat to your clinic and they should be able to give you some guidance. Best of luck x

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Saturday, November 9th 2013, 7:16pm

I have 5 too. They are going to defrost 2 to start with and then more if needed. Mine are blasts and I only want one transfered.

Why not read the FET chat thread for an idea of timings? Good luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "NELLY1103" started this thread

Reg: May 17th 2013

Children: NONE SADLY BUT HOPEFULLY GOD WILL BLESS US ONE DAY WITH A MIRACLE

Saturday, November 9th 2013, 8:28pm

thanks

thanks ladies for all your help and comments its much appreciated. I start my nasal spray tomorrow so heres hoping it will end up 3rd time lucky for us.

good luck to you all :thumbsup:

Reg: Jan 4th 2013

Children: None YET!

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 8:31pm

Lots of luck Nelly.

I have 5 frozen embryos too, mine were frozen on day 1...

Iv been advised to defrost them all which I'm happy with and transfer 1/2 based on what day the transfer will be.

I'm worried none will thaw :-(

I'm not allowed to be negative, hubby gets mad lol!!! Xx
3# Clomid BFN 2012
1# IUI injectibles 2012 BFN
1# IVF Feb 2013 - BFN
2# IVF August 2013 - freeze all due to OHSS
1# FET Dec 2013 - BFN
Bring on 2014!!

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 11:22pm

I have 3 blastos it also depends how they were frozen on one twos etc
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me34Pco&Pcos1996
DH39varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART April 12