You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Da berries 2013" started this thread

Reg: Feb 21st 2013

Friday, October 18th 2013, 12:30am

Fet questions

Hi all...im going for my first fet cycle early next year after a failed fresh icsi cycle, but im worried as I only have 3 blasts and am not sure if this is a suitable number to go through a fet cycle as they might not survive the thaw...does anyone no if 3 blasts is ok or not?? And also I know every clinic has there own regulations on how many blasts can be transfered but if im lucky enough to have 2 blasts out of 3 left I would love to get 2 tranfered but not sure if they will because of my age..(im 26 in november) and also as its my first fet too although I will be paying for the cycle myself so not sure if that means I would be allowed 2 or not, I am currently at the regional fertility clinic belfast if anyone knows if this clinic allows me to do any of this...or if anyone knows if 3 blasts is a good number will really appreciate any information xx

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Friday, October 18th 2013, 10:32am

Hi, I cant say about your clinic policy about number of embryos to transfer but 3 blasts is a great amount. Why dont you pop into the FET chat thread, theres a few women in there going through or getting ready to go through a FET cycle. Good luck with your cycle xx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, October 18th 2013, 2:43pm

Hi Da berries, as Kat says 3 blasts is very good. Only my last FET cycle (which was successful) I had 2 2 days and a blast, all survived the thaw and had 2 put back. I don't know about clinic policies, don't even know about my own clinic to be honest, they just always advised 2 to be put back, phone yours and chat to them about it, personally I would always choose 2 if possible.

Wishing you so much luck for your cycle, FET is a far 'simpler' process than fresh, much less stressful. Pop over to the FET chat xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Friday, October 18th 2013, 7:42pm

3 blasts is a great number my clinic thaw two at a time and on both my fet cycles they all thawed successfully! Blasts are pretty robust that's why most clinics prefer to freeze them at day 5/6.

Good luck xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Wopple

Reg: Sep 18th 2012

What's Up?
I'm pregnant!!

Friday, October 18th 2013, 8:47pm

Hi da berries, I was told that embryos that make it to blasto have a much higher successful thaw rate! I'm 24 and my clinic advised me this time to only have 1 put back in , the same as my previous time and advised because of my age. Mines nhs though so if your paying I'd guess you should be able to do as you choose but really don't no x
TTC 4 yrs+

IVF Dec 12. 27 eggs 0 fertilised
ICSI June 13 FET :BFN: 5 frozen
ICSI FET Sept 13 :BFP: [zx076] bab22 Leo Rex born 30/05/2014