You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

FC79

Ace

• "FC79" started this thread

Reg: May 19th 2009

Thursday, September 26th 2013, 1:25pm

High Viscosity?

Hello, my DH had a SA last week, he's had a few in the past and has a very low count which at the moment is 0.1 mil per ml. We have one little boy through icsi 2 years ago and are now seeing if we have the option to try again.
The test last week showed something they hadnt mentioned before which is high viscosity. I know this means the semen maybe too thick for the sperm to swim through, but does anyone know if this can be something that can be changed?

Any suggestions would be great thanks, he's already on a load of vits to try and improve count etc and it has improved slightly as the previous sa showed just 40 sperm!

pushmug

Reg: Oct 31st 2013

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 2:14pm

my dh had high viscosity in his 2 previous semen analysis too and wondering if anyone is in the same situation.
hes currently taking mucinex day and night and trying to up water intake .

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 8:07pm

He could try taking a cough medicine containing Guaifensesin (and only this active ingredient if it has decongestants in it as well it doesn't work). Many women take it to improve the quality of their CM and theoretically it could reduce all muscous viscosity - including seminal fluid. Check with your fertility consultant first though. Good luck

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

FC79

Ace

• "FC79" started this thread

Reg: May 19th 2009

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 3:09pm

Thank you both for the replies. I will give it a try

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests