You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stowaway

• "stowaway" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2009

Friday, September 20th 2013, 12:52pm

TCM/ Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture - any success?

Hi,

Has anyone tried any Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat poor sperm?

I have found these two clinics in London but I can find absolutely no independent reviews about them.

Male Fertility Centre Harley Street
Sperm Testing, Male Fertility and Infertility in Harley Street, Central London - TCM Healthcare

They claim an 80% improvement rate for sperm.

Thrive New Medicine Group
Male Fertility Clinic, Harley Street London | Fertility

They claim to be twice as good as IVF.

Has anyone visited? Or know anyone that has?

Thank you.

K x

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**
Me 39 PCO, Immune issues / DH 39 < 1 million sperm low mobility
5 failed ICSI, ARGC

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Friday, September 20th 2013, 7:15pm

I might not be actually helpful to you but just thought to share my knowledge about TCM & infertility !!! Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) treatment generally combines acupuncture, Chinese herbs, and diet modifications. It will take at least a few months (generally 3+ months) for you and your partner to achieve successful results. This is because the body needs time to return to a healthier state. A regular treatment with acupuncture (1-2 times per week) and herbal medicine (taken daily as a tea in concentrated herbal granules or pill form) is observed.
In men, acupuncture improves sperm quality, sperm motility, sperm morphology and sperm count. Men who are able to adopt dietary changes in addition to their acupuncture/herbal medicine treatment will increase their improvement.
Hope it helps…Good Luck!!!

Edward
:) :thumbsup:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 10:09am

I am very skeptical about these alternative treatments. If they worked then people would need IVF or traditional medicine. Also there is no proper scientific evidence that they do work, as far as I am aware. A healthy diet and lifestyle will improve your general health and your chances to conceive anyway. Acupuncture has been proven to relax you, which is also useful during treatment and while TTC. Any supplements/herbal medicine you take should be prescribed by a qualified nutritionist or doctor.
Sorry I can't be more helpful!

stowaway

• "stowaway" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2009

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 12:29pm

Hey Edward

Thanks for your reply. Do you have actual experience of such improvements?
It's just that I keep reading that it can improve things, but not from someone who's tried and tested it with success.

Maria - thanks also for taking the time to reply.

K
Me 39 PCO, Immune issues / DH 39 < 1 million sperm low mobility
5 failed ICSI, ARGC