You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rianon" started this thread

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:06pm

Anyone had more than 2 children from separate IVF cycles?

Hi,

I am incredibly blessed with two lovely daughters both from fresh ICSI cycles but would love-love-love to have even more! Sadly the only option for us is yet another ICSI and we have no frozen embryos either. Although my husband said that originally he wanted 3 kids under the circumstances he is happy with what he have and doesn't want to "tempt fate". I know that our cycles were really hard on him especially our failed one. I also know we are on high now after the last success and would not be nice to stop after a failure. Still I would like to give it a chance at least and I am even willing to try more than once.

It would be great to hear some success stories or opinions.

Gemma if you read this I know you have two kids and succesfully donated your eggs since so that counts as a success story for me.

I am also trying to find out what's the reason for me wanting more children. As in my low moments I already feel incredibly guilty and selfish for the two we have. Why to create new life when it will end one day? Why to bring new beings into the world when they will inevitably suffer? I do hope my children will be mostly happy but there is no denying life is unfair and there is too much suffering out there.

Rianon

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 10:54pm

Hi Rianon

I can't help with the IVF part but I do have an idea what it's like to feel the urge for a larger family.

I have 2 DD's and I am currently pg with our third baby, all were conceived naturally after we were told we needed TX because of my endo. I knew I wanted more than 2 children and the thought of not having another one filed me with sadness even though I know I am incredibly lucky to have 2 amazing little girls already. For me it felt/feels like someone is missing, it feels more like an instinct and I couldn't shake that feeling.

I think you should go for it. Good luck, whatever path you decide to take.

Polly xxx

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 11:13pm

Thanks Polly and so great news about your pregnancy. Have you always wanted more? Even as a kid? As a kid I thought I will have two as that was the model I saw. Most of my friends were from families of four (2 parents, 2 kids).

Will you want even more? ;)

xx

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 9:49am

Polly I love the way you explained that.

I am trying hard to get number 2 but if I was younger (and rich) I'd keep going for 3 as in my heart I'd love 3. However I know the reality is likely that I just have the one :(

Rianon, of you can afford to and can persuade DH, I'd say go for it. It's the most natural thing in the world to feel for many of us.

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 11:08am

I have been so very lucky and have 2 gorgeous girls but would really love another, I know how greedy that sounds but I can't help it...

I am from a family of 8 and always wanted 4 but when met DH and knew of problems that came down to 3. I really want my head to come down to 2 but I'm sure it won't. Though in reality we can't afford another go, I am saving but I don't think it'll happen...praying for a miracle though...

I agree with BGE if you can afford it I definitely would xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 11:50am

Hi Rianon

I always wanted more than 2 children even as a little kid, now I think 3 will be plenty for us. When I was pg with both DD1 and DD2 I knew I'd love to have more. I feel this time around that this is the last time I'll be pg, I don't feel like I want to do it again even though I love being pg, getting to meet and know our babies. It's hard to put into words, for us 3 feels right.

BGE, I know the odds are stacked against you but it isn't over yet.

Dusky, I really hope you get your miracle.

If you can afford to do it and both of you would like to try for more children, go for it. If you don't try will you regret it in years to come?

xxx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Dusky7 (23.08.2013)

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 7:36pm

Rianon I am incredibly lucky that I have twins from IVF and a recent surprise pregnancy. I realise that i am incredibly lucky and despite the fact that my twins are really pushing the boundaries at the mo for me we don't feel complete just yet. I'd love another one and we have six frosties which we will use. I've to wait a year after my section due to some complications.

We know money will be tight until they are all in school but I'd hate to look back in 10 years time when ill be too old to have more and regret not trying. It's a personal choice. My mum thinks I'm crazy as there were just the two of us but it feels right for us.

I'm prepared to roll the dice to try again so I say go for it xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Polly Pocket (23.08.2013)

Saturday, August 24th 2013, 4:10pm

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the reassurance that I am not being crazy and it's ok and not so selfish to want more. Poor DH I am constantly reminding him I just told him today I am not buying a car as I want more children instead.

Polly I am so glad you feel complete now. It always melts my heart when I read a birth announcement and it is also added: "my family is now complete". I hope all goes well with pregnancy and labour.

Biggreeneyes: I can see you are PUPO now so really hope this is it. I wonder why Polly said odds are stacked against you but I just hope you beat those ugly odds.

hmcfeather I am glad to hear you are going to go for your frozen embies I would hate the thought of some lovely embryos being perished. If truth be told I am a little envious too but only in the good way. Some couples donate them though I am not sure I could do that. A long time ago I promised I would give a chance to all of our embies. Little did I know that we will never have frosties to consider. Oh complications sound scary what were those? Hope you heal soon. How many siblings does your DH have?

I am still unsure but feel rushed as if we do try again I would like to cycle in spring and for that I would need to stop breastfeeding soon. I already hate myself for stopping BF so soon for my older daughter and keep wondering when will that guilt lift. I would love it to just stop naturally (and for that matter try naturally). I can't even tell if I would regret not having more kids in years to come as I might be able to fill my life with something else as I have many other hopes and dreams too but children feels the strongest at the moment. And of course enjoy my lovely daughters regardless whether they have more siblings or not.

Thanks again and love to all xx Rianon

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rianon" (Aug 24th 2013, 4:12pm)

Polly Pocket (24.08.2013)