You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Britta-swe" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2013

Friday, July 12th 2013, 11:29am

IVF without genetical risk - new technique NGS

Hello!

We are a couple looking for a possibility of having IVF with PGD or PGS - we want to minimize the possible genetic risk. We are open to new technologies and we are currently into a new technique called NGS (that's the future of IVF I think).

There is no place in UK where u can use this method, nor is in Sweden (I am Swedish).
Actually internet says that the only place in the world that uses this new technique is Poland (?) - we would like to start our treatment there - what do you think about it?

We would like to get some reviews about Polish standarts.
Thank you. ;-)

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Friday, July 12th 2013, 3:27pm

Hi Britta,

I don't know anything about NGS but have just googled it and found that the guy responsible for the NGS testing that's led to the first NGS-screened IVF baby (born in the US) is based at Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. His name is Dagan Wells. Have you heard of him? One of the reports online says that there will be a UK-based trial initiated using NGS in Oxford. Maybe you could contact him for info?

I'm afraid I don't know anything about treatment abroad either although there are lots of ladies on here who have had successful and cheaper treatment abroad in various countries.

Good luck with your journey.

Connie

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

• "Britta-swe" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2013

Friday, August 2nd 2013, 12:06pm

So we made thorough research and we are going to have our IVF in Poland.

The guy you were talking about - it was experimental, but in Poland in the city of Gdansk is the only place in the world that does it commercially so that we might use the technology.

We are decided, as not only they are the only clinic offering the treatment, but they have an experience in it which is very much needed for the success!

Here are some links:
INVICTA IVF Centers - succesful IVF in Poland
INVICTA IVF Clinic / ivf and egg donor programs

I will be there in one week time in Sheraton Hotel - I would like to meet someone there, as we heard the city is beautiful, but we don't have anyone to share the happiness with!

I may give you my UK phone if u ask in private msg. ;]

fuzz

Reg: Aug 23rd 2013

Friday, August 23rd 2013, 1:35pm

Hi Britta-swe,

I have been looking into NGS as well, it sounds very interesting, there isn't much info as it's very new... read this article, apparently the Lister Clinic in London & Oxford Fertility Unit will be introducing it later this year. First IVF baby with new embryo screening technique - University of Oxford

Wishing you lots of luck :)

Reg: May 25th 2014

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 10:53am

Hi Britta-swe,

I come from the Netherlands and I am currently looking at the IVF with PGD or PGS program of INVICTA too. For a single woman, there are limited/restricted resources to get treatment even for a normal IVF under all the rules/protocols in NL . ( But for lesbian singles/couples, they get all the green lights. Sometimes I feel it is just not fair . )

What kind of treatment did you eventually go through ? Can you share any experience there ? Wish you (had ) lot of success!!

Thank you :)

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Saturday, September 5th 2015, 3:29pm

I come from the Netherlands and I am currently looking at the IVF with PGD or PGS program of INVICTA too. For a single woman, there are limited/restricted resources to get treatment even for a normal IVF under all the rules/protocols in NL . ( But for lesbian singles/couples, they get all the green lights. Sometimes I feel it is just not fair . )
Hi Vicky, When I was reading it, I could not believe. The world seems going crazy!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE