You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "NELLY1103" started this thread

Reg: May 17th 2013

Children: NONE SADLY BUT HOPEFULLY GOD WILL BLESS US ONE DAY WITH A MIRACLE

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 11:19am

Damaged tubes

im looking for some general advice,,, both of my tubes are damaged and they have been clamped, ive had two failed ivf cycles and during browsing online i have came across information that states if you had TB (TUBERCOLISIS) then this can damage your fallopian tubes,,, i had TB when i was a baby has anyone else heard of this or had TB ?

Also has anyone heard of getting tubes unclamped and there tubes repaired, i may be clutching at straws here but im trying my best to find a solution on having a baby that we are so desperate for.

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Saturday, September 21st 2013, 11:48am

I am really sorry to hear about your health. Well, after further online research on this issue I could gathered below information for you :
While the initial exposure to the tubercle bacillus is through the lungs, most of us can fight off the infection, as a result of which it remains silent in the body, causing no harm. However, sometimes these latent bacilli can get reactivated, and then spread throughout the body through the blood stream. If they lodge and infects the genital tract, that TB can cause infertility .
In the woman, it cause tuberculous endomteritis (infection of the uterus) and salpingitis ( infection of the tubes). This infection can often be silent, and may not cause any symptoms or signs at all !
Genital TB is always hard to diagnose, because of the fact that it is a silent invader of the genital tract.
In general, all patients with TB endometritis also have infection of the fallopian tubes; and the damage caused to the tubes ( TB salpingitis) is irreversible. These patients will have irreversible tubal infertility, and the only treatment option available for them would be IVF. In the past some doctors would try to do surgery to repair the tubes, but this is futile surgery, because the tubes never work properly once they have been infected. Tubes which have been severely damaged may form a hydrosalpinx, and may need to be removed surgically, prior to IVF, if they are very large.
Hope it makes sense…

Edward
:) :thumbsup:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, September 22nd 2013, 8:25am

Hi Nelly,
the best person to advise you is a consultant, who will look at your history, do some tests and then will tell you which are your options.
Take care

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE