You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Chava" started this thread

Reg: Sep 29th 2010

Friday, July 5th 2013, 2:13pm

Hashimotos and fertility drugs

I have Hashimotos and have just done my third IVF cycle (have one child from the second attempt.) For the last few days I have been experiencing the symptoms I had before I started taking throid meds. I was wondering whether or what effect the IVF meds have on my thyroid condition. I took Gonal F, Gonasi, then progesterone. I also took Deltacortene (steroid) from the 5th day of stimming and the symptoms started after I stopped taking that when I got my negative pregnancy test result. I don't know if there is a connection there at all.

Does anyone have experience of this?

I am returning from Holiday on Sunday and am planning to make an appointment with an Endo first thing Monday.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 10:23pm

I am not sure that I can help you much, but I have Hashimotos as well, so didn't want to read and run. I wouldn't have thought the fertility drugs would have an effect on your thyroid meds, but I would suggest making an appointment to get your levels checked if you have any doubt. Will you cycle again? You could just keep a closer eye on it throughout the cycle to reassure you.

I had 4 cycles before we conceived my daughter and were successful with our son on first try try FET after her. I believe acupuncture really helped me, as well as high dose omega 3 and cq10 as I have rubbish AMH as well. Good luck x

• "Chava" started this thread

Reg: Sep 29th 2010

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 12:23pm

Thanks for your reply.

My daughter is 15 months old and my thyroid levels have been really unstable since I had her after being fine throughout the pregnancy.

Was your son conceived from the same "batch" of eggs as your daughter? Did that cycle go differently to your previous ones?

I have 5 frozen eggs (not embryos) from the cycle that just failed and we are just waiting to hear whether we are allowed to do another fresh cycle instead of using the frozen eggs. The two embryos we had transfered this time (which were the only two embryos we had) were of poor quality, probably due to the quality of the eggs, and I'm thinking the eggs we have frozen will probably be of poor quality too, hence preferring to do a fresh cycle.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE