You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, June 17th 2013, 9:06am

supplements for donor embryos

hi to anyone can help.

i will be going for embryo donation in october, as the recipient. really looking forward to it but dont know what supplements i should be taking. i have defunct eggs and am prone to miscarriages.

does anyone have any advice as to what vits from now and after transfer. i am thinking of coenzyme q10 and selenium. low dose iron, asprin vit b6 and b12, vit c and of course folic acid.

should i be taking anything else?

any advice greatly appreciated

thank you

jade xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, June 17th 2013, 4:56pm

I don't know Jade and am not personally convinced by supplements. If you are eating a healthy, balanced diet then you should be getting all you need. That's just my opinion though. Of course folic acid is a must and I have to say that I wouldn't take aspirin without speaking to you clinic first.

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, June 17th 2013, 8:17pm

hiya gracie,

thank you for your reply. to be honest with you i was a bit sceptical at first. but, before dh and i split we tried supplements while TTC naturally and within 4 weeks my lifelong battle with constipation stopped! unfortunately, i was on so many vitamins i really dont know which ones sorted the constipation out. they also lengthened my ovulation time from day 12 to day 14 and my cycle increased from 26 days on an annoovulatory cycle to 28 and from 28 days to 31 days on an ovulatory cycle (pretty much what it used to be when i was 20)

my diet isnt that balanced to be fair. i eat vegetables nearly every day but i cant stomach fruit (too acidic, gives me major gutache). milk makes me retch. and i only ever drink water when i have sickness bugs. nuts really make me ill. yoghurts bleurgh. i eat pasta about once a week, potatoes and veg every night, chips about twice a week fry (grill) ups about once a week. other than that my staple diet is toast and marmite. throw in crisps, biscuits and muesli bars and thats about as balanced as i get :cheese:

the only reason i mentioned low dose aspirin is because before my successful ICSI cycle, i had IUI got a bfp and m/c a week later. the nurse at the clinic mentioned that for some women taking 75mg of aspirin seemed to help them keep their pregnancies, so when i switched to my local clinic and had ICSI, i took aspirin from E.C right through to week 32. on my next ICSI, i forgot to take it, got a bfp and m/c a week later. 6 weeks later i found out i was pg again (shock natural) took aspirin and he stuck around too. first FET after last baby, didnt take aspirin as consultant told me i didnt need it (trusted him :duh: ) got a bfp and m/c a week later. so, somewhere a long the line a pattern is forming and i know i should definitely be on the aspirin. its just what else to coincide with the aspirin.

but thank you for your reply honey, i appreciate you taking the time to reply :chocs:

again, any help from fellow vitamin takers would be greatly appreciated.

jade xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 12:42pm

You are already taking folic acid, most important among the crowd!!! Tablets of 0.8 mg folic acid per day are sufficient, and should be taken from the beginning of treatment until 7 weeks into pregnancy.
There is no good evidence that other vitamin supplements or multivitamins are beneficial when woman have a normal diet. In fact large doses of some vitamins, particularly Vitamin A, can lead to birth defects. Some doctors suggest men take a zinc supplement for three months prior to IVF treatment.

Regards,
Edward.
^^ :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE