You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Little-Star" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2012

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 9:18am

Almost ready to start again, 3rd IVF cycle and change of clinic. Already anxious!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for listening! Felt a bit of a cop out on my last cycle in November/December last year, and felt embarrassed and guilty to the rest of the fellow cyclers for pretty much abandoning the group as time went on. I find this forum a great form of support but during that cycle just pretty much switched myself off to the world, so apologies for just abandoning, but just needed to at the time.

Anyway, moving forward, we are soon to start our 3rd cycle of IVF, will be a fresh cycle again as we have never had any embryos to freeze. We are changing clinics due to our previous clinic not really being able to offer us anything different. I am really sad to leave that clinic as they were so wonderful but took advice to choose a clinic that is open 7 days. You'd think i would be happy. Why can't I see it like some of the others where they cannot wait to start their next cycle? I think I get to the point where we start planning it and just keep hoping and praying something will happen naturally before we get that far. Anyway, I am really rambling already, and wasn't even sure where to post but started this new thread as the most relevant one was so old the site suggested to mayve start a new thread.

i will try and get to the point. When our first cycle failed, myself and DH agreed that we would have one "cheaper" go at the same clinic (as they were so wonderful) and if that didn't work, which it didn't we would throw everything at the next attempt. So that is where we are and have our first appt at CRGH on Wednesday 5th. I done a bit of research and they seem to offer it all, (amongst other clinics but we chose this one), but now I am just a bit anxious. I worry that we are going to spend thousands and it not work, and the tests they do were unnecessary anyway. I know we are unlikely to ever know if that is the case, but whereas in the beginning I wanted the tests for immunology as to me the results I have seen by some of the ladies on here speak for themselves, I am now doubting my initial feelings on it, as nothing seems to be proven. We had a free 15 minute consultation with them already and they suggested doing these tests. They also suggested doing PGD, which I was very surprised about as I was expecting them to say PGS/Array-CGH, from what I have read.

Does anyone know much about this clinic as have read differing opinions though they seem to be old. I hope they are really good. Also, I still worry that the mild endometriosis I have may be causing problems, though other 2 consultants have said as it is mild it shouldn't be the cause of out unexplained subfertility. I also wonder whether it is worth/necessary to do the sperm COMET/DNA fragmentation test? Any thoughts please.

The other issue is that a bit unexpectedly my dad has offered to give us "an advance on our inheritance" and fund this cycle. Despite him saying don't worry I cannot help feeling guilty, ESPECIALLY as we moved in October of last year and the house needs A LOT of renovating and I feel unjust us doing this work, spending our money on the house, when he is funding this cycle. I feel completely guilty and it is causing arguments between myself and DH, when I get frustrated that DH is trying his best to sort the house out and I feel the more he is doing the more it will cost us and the worse I feel about taking money from my dad. (This is worse as I have 2 sisters and who knows what they may think about this - they both already have children concieved naturally).

What a long post, and I am sorry but all these things are going through my head, and I need to sort all this out before we start the cycle. There have a been a few other issues between myself and DH, but none of this is good prior to starting IVF I know.

I haven't reread this post as now my head is a little confused with it all, and I have probably left out things but needed to get some down on paper, because I know there will be someone who gets it and maybe put a bit of clarification over what it happening. I hope I have made sense. I suppose what my issues are is that we are about to start our 3rd cycle, this does not make me excited, though I am sure I will be nearer the time (maybe end of July) and feeling guilty about justifying spending so much money when it is not our own and not sure if what we will be having we really really need. Help!!!

Sorry for the ramble and thanks for listening. Its nice to be back again. ?o(

Karen x x x
TTC Oct '09
Mild endo on bladder, polycystic R ovary
Dx Unexplained
3 x Clomid 2011
IVF April 12 & Oct 12 BFN

3rd IVF due July
Shock natural BFP

Gumpie

Reg: May 29th 2013

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 9:49am

Welcome back x

Welcome back to FZ

I too am moving towards my third IVF cycle and we have changed clinics for this one as we now have to pay private and had the choice of where to go.

We are in a similar position as my parents have offered us some money to help us out and I feel guilt about accepting it ....and then spending money on other things. But I think with parents its the only thing that they can do to help ....my mum has often said that she feels totally helpless and that although she tries to keep my spirits up there isn't anything else she can do - so giving us a bit of money towards IVF is way of supporting us.

Good luck on your journey - i think we will be going through it about the same time - as we have had our first consultation with follow up in a fortnight to get all the blood results - then we start short protocol in June/July.

Gumpiex
Me 34 DH 39
TTC 4 yrs
IVF #1 - M/C
Nat BFP - M/C
IVF#2 - BFN
IVF # 3 xfingers

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 9:50am

Hi Karen

I totally understand how you are feeling, there are times when I have stepped away from FZ as well when I have just needed to focus on me and DH. I am sure everyone understands that feeling.

We started off as unexplained as well and had immune tests after two failed cycles. I felt very much like you that I wasn't prepared to keep doing the same thing in the hope it was just down to luck. The whole process is too expensive in so many ways to keep doing that. I am personally a great supporter of immune treatment, yes it hasn't been clinically tested but that's because unfortunately fertility treatment is not top of the list for the NHS. I have seen countless women get BFPs with immune treatment after failures, myself one of them.

I think PGS is the same as or similar to Array CGH? Both identify viable normal embryos I think? We also had this on our third cycle (Array CGH)

With the money side of things I can understand how you feel about doing up the house but I doubt your sisters or your dad begrudge you the money with what you are going through - and believe me you will be glad you have done it when you're pregnant as you will have a whole load of other things to do and pay for!

Good luck for your cycle, hope its third time lucky for you x

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rb76" (Jun 2nd 2013, 9:52am)

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 11:35am

Thank you Ros and Gumpie. I knew there would be someone that understands, and you've both managed to relate to our circumstances. Thank you for taking the time to read such a long post and Gumpie, it seems like it is a very similar situation and I know my dad wants to help as there is nothing else he can do of course. Maybe we'll end up cycling together!! (I do look forward to the end result!). And Ros, thank you so much, I know I believe the immune treatments to work, but scared also that sometimes it doesn't. Yes, I believe the PGS/Array-CGH is the same thing. I was somewhat prepared for that, but that doesn't sound like something the clinic sees for us. We will discuss more with them this coming Wednesday. Have to have faith in them, though they have suggested PGD. Thank you SOOO much both of you and intend to stick around this time
TTC Oct '09
Dx Unexplained
3 x Clomid 2011

3rd IVF due July
Shock natural BFP

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 11:55am

OMG!!!! So clearly out of touch with this website!!! That post wasn't finished, then tried to resend properly and lost it, then tried to edit and it wouldn't let me as over 5 minutes, that was after I had re-written the whole post!!!! Arrrgghhh

Just wanted to edit the bit about looking forward to the end result, you know what I mean, if it is a positive one!!!

And also CONGRATULATIONS Ros on your BFP!!! Soooo pleased for you.

Thanks again for both responding.

:) Karen x x x
TTC Oct '09
Dx Unexplained
3 x Clomid 2011

3rd IVF due July
Shock natural BFP

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE