You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

honey34

• "honey34" started this thread

Reg: Aug 22nd 2012

Friday, May 24th 2013, 10:07pm

Severe low sperm counts - less than 100

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can offer advice please? My hubby has severely low sperm counts - his last sample was washed and they only found 20 sperm live sperm. All blood tests and tubes seem fine so it is "unexplained". This is the most frustrating thing because nobody seems to have answers and we don't know what to do to try and improve it. Doctors don't seem that interested and brush it off as being "one of these things" and say there is nothing they can do. We've even been told that that a surgical procedure to retrieve sperm directly from the testicles won't be any use as his tubes aren't blocked, it won't make any difference. We are being driven down the road of using a sperm donor but this isn't something we're ready to explore yet. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and managed to improve their counts?? xxxx

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Friday, May 24th 2013, 10:29pm

Hi honey

I'm so sorry to hear this it brings back so many bad memories as your story is identical to mine, my dh first test he had 500 sperm in total, sorry I'm rubbish with the fancy words but basically the majority were dead, didn't swim were deformed etc, we went private as like you we were pammed off with the unexplained it's the way you were born blah blah blah, so the three tests my dh done at the private clinic he had between 15-20 live usable sperm each time, the dr said in the nicest poss way that icsi was a lot of money and we had a less than 10% chance with icsi and 0% without and should consider a donor, well less than 10% with icsi wasn't 0% chance so we decided we had to go for it just to rule it out as we never thought it was gonna work, on the day of egg collection my dh only had 4 live usable sperm and I now have a 10 month old baby boy on our first try and 2 frozen embryos, it shouldn't have worked but it did, never give up hope.

There are vitamins etc that he could try and a lady on here called sperm scientist who could maybe help but my dh didn't go down that route and I believe his problem was too bad to fix but there's no harm in trying something new if its worked for others it might work for your dh.

Good luck and keep in touch if u need any support or advice

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

honey34

Friday, May 24th 2013, 10:46pm

Thanks so much Sasha. I love hearing positive stories with a happy outcome. I'm hoping it was just a bad sample he gave this time and the fact your dh only had 4 sperm gives me hope. I cannot believe you were told you had a less than 10% chance of icsi working though, we've never been told that. I'm so pleased you took the chance and went for it!! xxxx

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Friday, May 24th 2013, 10:57pm

Hiya

Are you nhs or private funded? I'm sure we were only given the go ahead for icsi as it was us paying for it I'm really not sure what would have happened if we would have gone with the nhs.

Are you having another round of icsi?

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

honey34

Saturday, May 25th 2013, 12:36pm

We had one round privately funded and the latest cycle was nhs. We are allowed one more nhs cycle and after that we'll have to privately fund xxxx