You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Steff" started this thread

Reg: Feb 17th 2009

Children: Ashley my little gift, 3 years old

Friday, May 17th 2013, 3:31pm

Going for FET very nervous

Hi, can anyone give any advice or fill me in on FET I've been refered and had a letter with an appointment date saying this appointment will cost £150, I have no idea how much it's all going to cost and how long the process is and what the chances are of it actually working etc
Anyone got anything they can tell me about it?
Thanks, Steff x
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: May 15th 2012

Friday, May 17th 2013, 5:31pm

Hi Steff,
There are different types of FET. If you have regular cycles then the clinic might let you have a natural FET, where they wait for you to ovulate and then put your defrosted embryo in a couple of days later. Or you can have a medicated cycle where you're given HRT oestrogen until your lining is thick enough, and then progesterone and oestrogen together for a few days, then your embryo gets put in and you continue with the meds for 2 weeks and do a pregnancy test, and if it's positive you keep taking meds until you're 12 weeks.

You'd normally have a few internal scans to look at your lining, plus the embryo transfer procedure. Presumably you already have frozen embryos or otherwise they'd have referred you for IVF or something?

I think that £150 wouldn't cover more than the initial appointment. I'm not sure exactly how much an FET costs but I think probably at least £2k once you factor in drugs and scans etc. It's a lot cheaper than IVF. The clinic you've been referred to should have a price list available.

Different clinics claim different success rates and they depend on age and other factors, so chances of it working vary on your circumstances.

Once you start the cycle it all happens pretty quickly, you start HRT on the first day of your period and have the embryo transferred about 15 days later. Sometimes you have to down regulate before starting the oestrogen which adds another week or so. So from the first day of your period to the pregnancy test is about a month.

I've had one abandoned FET (lining wouldn't grow thick enough) and one complete cycle but they were both NHS-funded so I'm afraid I'm a bit sketchy about the cost.

Good luck
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, May 17th 2013, 6:20pm

Hi Stef

I am a FET success story. It's much less 'full on' than fresh cycles. My clinic charges £1,100 for FET excluding drugs if that helps. Rosa has explained the process brilliantly above.

Good luck xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Friday, May 17th 2013, 6:23pm

Hi steff,

Its pretty much like Rosa says. I had a medicated fet and found it sooooo much easier than a fresh cycle and much quicker. We were treated at Gateshead and for the fet it cost roughly about £1300 which was pretty good and that included our initial consultation. I hope it all goes well good luck

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Friday, May 17th 2013, 11:21pm

Hi Steff,
Have a look at this link, INFO: WHAT IS FET? in addition to the brill info Rosa has given.
You would have to discuss prices with your clinic as each one varies, and with success rates as Rosa said. Good luck with your fet xx
There is also a FET chat if you wanted to introduce yourself to the other ladies going through fet's xx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "kat13" (May 17th 2013, 11:21pm)

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 8:53am

Fet rocks my mylast cycle worked amd i think it had a lot to do with how relaxed i was because there is less clinic visits etc sadly we lost our little embie but that was down to mother nature i guess rather than the treatment. I did medicated so all the costs you'll have will mainly be drugs and a scan or two to check the lining. If they do natural fet then you obviously wont have all the drugs so will just have to cover transfer and any scans.

Good luck xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 8:35pm

Thanks ladies, I'm so nervous about it! I have 2 frozen embryos but they have been there for 4 years so bit worried they r not great ones, I had icsi 4 years ago which worked 1st time, I am having regular cycles but in my head I'm thinking I want to do medicated because I don't trust my own body to do everything right, does anybody know if I have to have the money upfront because I haven't saved anything me and my partner have just decided right lets do this so went to my doc but didn't expect the appointment to be so soon!
Tbh I have been putting it off because having my little boy was such an ordeal I have been scared to go through it all again, but I no I can do it and its not always the same the second time round so I thought right its time just go for it and want to without giving it too much thought so that I don't put myself off ;(
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: May 15th 2012

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 6:10pm

Hi Steff, I just thought I should say that medicated isn't necessarily the best way to do it. After 2 medicated cycles my clinic are going to do a natural one next (despite my short cycles) because they think that my lining grows better without the meds. The medicated cycles are often just the best way for the clinics to control the timing and scheduling. So don't assume your body won't do a good enough job.
xx
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Sunday, May 19th 2013, 9:58pm

Have to agree with rosa i was on maximum dose of estrogen last cycle with patches and tablets and my lining was quite thin yet on my fresh cycle it was fine so i think the hrt isnt always the best however, ive known a lot of ladies take it and not experience that issue. I preferred medicated for the same reason you say as you cant always trust the body to do what it needs to. I think get all the info from the clinic and then you can make the right decision for you.
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:05am

Hi Steff, Rosa has explained the process very well. I have had 3 FETs and each one was medicated, even though I have regular cycles. My clinic wants to be completely in charge of your body and their success rates are much higher with medicated so this is what they advised. Obviously success rates vary hugely as do costs. Mine were £700 including all drugs (I took the pill for a month then DRd for 10 days and took Progynova, and then Cyclgest) and 3 scans, transfer etc. we had to pay in full before our first scan, so after consultation appt, signing paperwork etc and after taking the pill.

It really is so much 'easier' than fresh, far less stressful on mind and body. I wish you so much luck for your cycle.

Pop in for a chat here ** FET CHAT **. Xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Monday, May 20th 2013, 9:17am

Thank you so much for your replies, I'm a little less nervous and think just go with what the doc says about medicated or natural cycle! I'm considering moving my appointment date to make sure I have all the money ready to go ahead with the FET straight away after my appointment not really sure how long I can say I wanna wait to do it in between the first consultation and doing the FET, need to make sure i can pay for it all, I've had a look at the price list for bcrm where I'm going and it looks like its £1300 for FET and meds but scans are £125 on top of that and £150 for the consultation so depending on how many scans I need to have I reckon I might need to get around £2000 up together
Xxxxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Reg: Mar 3rd 2010

Children: Connor 18 from previous relationship - Scarlett-Eve 21 Months old

Wednesday, June 12th 2013, 5:48pm

Hi Stef,

I had ICSI 3 years ago but all my embryos had to be frozen due to me OHSS we had our 1st FET 3 months later (medicated) which resulted in my little diva :)

I've just got back from the clinic now, we are going for round 2 FET going medicated again as it worked that way last time!

Ours is costing about 1.5k including today's consultation & bloods...

Good luck with what ever you decide xxx
Successful FET 2011 bab21

babydust Trying again planned FET AUG/SEPT 2013

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 3:23pm

Hi Ladybear thank you for replying, 1.5k is cheaper than I thought, what area is that? I have heard it is a lot cheaper in Wales than it is in Bristol where I live so I'm thinking its probably different prices everywhere, I have a figure of 2k in my head if it costs less that'll be a great bonus!
How many embryos did they put in for FET? I have two I don't no if they put them both in,
Everyone keeps telling me to be positive but I have a bad feeling that it won't work, don't no if that's just nerves or me being negative :-(

Steff xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Monday, July 22nd 2013, 8:57am

Sorry I've only just seen this been away and keeping myself busy!
I'm from the north west (Liverpool area) we got out bill last Friday its £1030 for the treatment itself and £128 for the drugs & the consultation fee £150.
My drugs arrive tomorrow start on the 29th

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Monday, July 22nd 2013, 9:02am

Good luck be positive Amelia my Dd was fet success story and she is now.nearly 6 months old. Take everyday in your stride babes treat it like it's just another part of your daily routine taking the drugs, put it up there with brushing your teeth it's what I did didn't overthink it and bam baby Amelia is here an d keeping me up every night lol xxxxxx :thumbsup:

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 9:03am

Ahh good luck Ladybear, I went to my consultation she said she also wants to do assisted hatching witch is an extra 500 the actual transfer is 950 then 75 hfea fee meds are 300 consultation with scan 275 then 150 nurse appointment that's £2250 plus if they do any scans through the cycle it's another 125 for every scan I need, don't see why Bristol is so more expensive than every where else it's unfair, so we've decided to wait until September now to save some more money because its got to be paid at the time we have it and we don't have 2250+ at the moment :-(
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 2:21am

Hi Steff, sorry you're having to wait, it does sound quite pricey... September will be here before you know it though xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Friday, July 26th 2013, 10:03am

Gosh that's an awful lot of £ aw such a shame you have to wait but sept will be here before you know it xx

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 4:32pm

I know! I'm getting feedback that others are paying half what I am for the same treatment, bit unfair I think, but yeah sep will come round fast, it's a good job I have had to wait anyway because something dodgy is going on with my period, (tmi coming! Lol) I came on my period on the day I was due but it wasn't right it was more like a heavy discharge that was brown and dried blood and it only lasted a day and half, then I spent two weeks feeling bloated and heavy down there and then I've come on again 2 weeks later which is a proper period but lasting ages 5 days so far my normal periods last 3, so I'm thinking body is having a tantrum about something and making things go wrong. So may need the extra time for my body to sort itself out anyway now :thumbdown:
bab22

Steffani

jilly

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 3:55pm

oh god that doesn't sound good, tbh I was about 10 days late when I was ready to book into the hosp (sods law aint it) least im having a medicated fet tho so shouldn't interfere well I hope it doesn't anyway :whistling: xx

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 8:14pm

So we should be having FET at same time then, but yeah like u said as its medicated it should work out right anyway, fingers crossed for both of us!! Xxx
bab22

Steffani

jilly