You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Ellie81" started this thread

Reg: May 6th 2013

Monday, May 6th 2013, 11:23pm

Clomid while ovulating

Briefly- I am ovulating, blood tests and regular cycle, hubby, slightly low count, doc has prescribed clomid. Is this normal and safe?
Me : 32 DH : 29
TTC 2 yrs
IVF aug 13 :BFP: but mmc at 11 wks bigcloud
FET 2014....

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, May 6th 2013, 11:38pm

Hi Ellie :hello:

Did your consultant say why they were prescribing Clomid? I too have always had fairly regular cycles (albeit short) and was shown to be ovulating most cycles, but I was prescribed Clomid as my progesterone levels 7 days post-ovulation were always on the low side. Leading to implantation problems. So the Clomid was to try and boost my hormone levels pre- and post-ovulation and increase the chance of a successful pregnancy... and it worked! : D

I would hope they wouldn't have prescribed it to you if they didn't think it was safe - there is a risk of overstimulation of the ovaries when on Clomid, especially if you do normally ovulate anyway, but I imagine they'll be monitoring you closely for at least the first cycle. What dose are you on? They may well scan you before expected ovulation date, and if there's a worry about overstimulation they'll probably advise you not to TTC for that cycle and review your treatment. Maybe you could call the clinic and ask them to clarify things for you?

Wishing you all the very best with your journey xx xfingers

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moogle" (May 6th 2013, 11:39pm)

• "Ellie81" started this thread

Reg: May 6th 2013

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 9:39am

Thanks for the reply.
Doc has very bad English!!
I think he said because hubby has a low count, it will increase our chances! He's got me on 50mg, and I go in for a scan on day 12 to see how my body has reacted. Guess if it ups our chances it's good, better than paying for ivf!
Me : 32 DH : 29
TTC 2 yrs
IVF aug 13 :BFP: but mmc at 11 wks bigcloud
FET 2014....

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Wednesday, September 4th 2013, 12:24pm

Well, even though you are having regular cycles & normal ovulation but still not able to conceive, that means you fall into unexplained infertility category. Clomid, at a starting dose of 50 mg have dramatic success rates. It helps you produce better egg & increase your luteal phase.
Too often, doctors give clomiphene to women with unexplained infertility before the couple has a fertility workup, or even after they have a workup, but there is no evidence of an ovulation disorder. For a woman who has normal, spontaneous ovulation, driving the pituitary harder with clomiphene won't make ovulation any more normal.

Regards,
Edward
:) :thumbup:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE