You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Macksie" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 9:33pm

When is it time to think seriously about immune testing?

Hi ladies

I'm hoping you can help I've had three cycles now one fresh and one fet both bfn and last fet we got pregnant but unfortunately it didn't stick and second test date came back negative. After so many years of bfns and seeing my first bfp I was hopeful it meant this may work one day. Fresh cycle went well considering my age 37 well 36 at the time got 18 eggs and had 6 embies that made it to blastocyst everything looked good on all 3 cycles so starting to wonder if I have something underlying.

My sister has lupus and arthritis and although I have no signs of it I wonder if genetically something could be the same?

I might be being too paranoid at this stage but I don't want to go through more cycles when there is reason it's not working. Is it too early to push this with my clinic I am still nhs funded so I know they don't fund the tests where can you go to get these tests done?
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 9:44pm

You can get them done in London. I had done mine with the Argc. Care does them too.
You've had lots of bfn so I would check.

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Monday, April 29th 2013, 5:53pm

I definitely would Macksie.

We actually decided to have them done after two failed cycles and the advice CARE sent was to do it after two failures over 35 or three under. I was just under 35 at the time but just wasn't prepared to risk another cycle failing when we could have looked into it. We knew we wouldn't be cycling again for a few months so we did that in the meantime.

Two main issues were discovered in my case and although I also turned out to have a serious problem with my own eggs I would never have got a BFP with donor eggs without following the immune protocol that CARE prescribed.

I am not sure how you would tie it in with NHS treatment but in your case I would definitely have them done. The NHS and several clinics do not buy into the immune stuff but I have seen enough BFPs on here following immune treatment to convince me it works on that basis alone. If you get a good number of blasts again I would be willing to bet that immunes will enable them to stick.

CARE have clinics in Sheffield, Northampton, Nottingham and Manchester if that helps
Good luck

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

• "Macksie" started this thread

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Monday, April 29th 2013, 9:28pm

Thanks Ros that's helped a lot I hope your pregnancy is going well proof in itself that we should never give up!

Maria I see you were at bourn hall Cambridge were you funded? If so we're they open to testing separately and supporting a cycle depending on the results?

Got my letter today to book in for a follow up appointment so will go armed to discuss our options then. Time to maximise our chances of this working perhaps it's all just bad luck for us but I have a hunch!
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 8:43pm

Cambridge was dead against it. They said that immunology for fertility is not scientifically proven, but then they were ok with giving me clexane, steroids and aspirin with NHS funding.
I would say ask them anyway.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE