You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "laura-t" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2009

Children: N/csle CFL

Monday, April 8th 2013, 8:09pm

Offer from Mam to be our Surrogate ( Advice needed)

Hiya there its been a while since been on FF but am back looking for some advice.
So after 5 attempts of ICSI then another 2 years of going back to TTC naturally still nothing happened so 9 years of TTC. We have spoke to a new clinic about giving the IUI a shot but recently my Mam has recently offered to be a host surrogate which is an amazing idea and fantastic thing for her to off but medically i worry that this would be a struggle for her, she is 56 had 2 healthy pregnancies over 28 years ago now, she had been through the change and has had a few medical problems i.e liver problems, so we are looking to seek medical advice. She is currently the fittest she has been for years and she wants to do it so much but i want to make sure she is fit for herself and the baby. I know you don't know her medical history as such but what's your opinion on my 56 year old mam been my surrogate using my eggs and partners sperm. We produced fantastic results through out our ICSI treatment but the little terrors just didn't like to stick, i have always thought surrogacy would be a fantastic idea but always thought we would never be able to afford it, but now my Mam has offered i am thinking it would just be the cost of IVF/ICSI plus dugs for her and maybe legal fees ( tell me if i am wrong)

So just looking for any views or previous experience anything would be a help.

Thanks for Listening Laura :thumbsup:
5 x ICSI: :BFN:
4th ICSI resulted in a:BFP: but lost our Dream Baby at 5 weeks ;(

Feb 2014 started adoption process hoping to be parents by Xmas :angel2:

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Monday, April 8th 2013, 8:19pm

Hi Hun

Nice to see you back.

I think what your mum has offered to do is amazing.

Only the clinic or doctors will be able to answer whether she is medically fit enough. Don't let her age be a barrier cause as long as she rests and is well looked after there's no reason she can't.

Talk to the clinic or your doctor and what an amazing mum.xxxx

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Monday, April 8th 2013, 8:34pm

hey hunni, its so lovely to hear from you - i often wonder how you and are and what your up to!

I completely agree with Gemma, your mums age should not stop you looking into everything further, i've read many a story where women in their 50's have had healthy surrogate pregnancies. What an amazing gift she is offering, and how fantastic it would be if she could do this for you.

Please let us know how you get on and what you decide.

lots of love x x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

• "laura-t" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2009

Children: N/csle CFL

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 11:18am

Thanks for your reply ladies, yes she is amazing and am so proud to call her my Mam. Yes think we just need to wait for medical advise and take it from there. Fingers crossed ladies.
Nice to be back.

Love Laura
5 x ICSI: :BFN:
4th ICSI resulted in a:BFP: but lost our Dream Baby at 5 weeks ;(

Feb 2014 started adoption process hoping to be parents by Xmas :angel2:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE