You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rappers

• "Rappers" started this thread

Reg: Mar 22nd 2013

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 11:37am

Home Insemmination

Hello fellow forumers!

I am new to Fertility Forum and using it to look for advice and support.

My husband and I are going through all the hospital checks at the moment; it's been a long and difficult road! My husband has ejaculation problems and has had since we've been together.

Anyway my husband suggested home insemination kits, after learning about possibly having it through NHS. I bought a kit online. When I first looked at the syringes they looked pretty scary.

Yesterday I had total melt down :tears: when I tried it with the syringe. Even having some glasses of wine to relax me just did not help.

I think I will wait to have the hospital do it for me as I will feel safer and more relaxed.

What have others experienced with home insemination? Am i a total freak for not being able to do it myself? I feel like one. :tear:

Just need some encouragement and hope. Thanks for reading this.

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 11:55am

Hi, Hun and welcome to FZ
If you need any help finding your way around, please feel free to contact me or one of the other moderators.

All of this can be a bit intimidating when you are new to it. Yes, the syringe can be odd to handle and a bit scary, especially if you have a phobia about injections (do you have a phobia?)
What you need to remind yourself is, home insemination does not require any needles; you are not trying to get the semen into your cervix, only high up into your vagina and this should be no more uncomfortable than inserting a tampon is - all you are doing is inserting the syringe and pressing the plunger then removing the syring again - it should take no more that a few seconds.

One more thing and it may or may not make you laugh: I recall a story several years ago of one of our members coming home to a wonderful surprise - her husband had gone ahead and bought an insemmination kit. He was, however, very confused and could not imagine how any person would use the contents of the kit. When our lady took a look at the kit to try to figure out how to use it she nearly fell over laughing as she discovered that he had bought a HORSE insemination kit instead of a HOME insemmination kit...

Good luck, hun

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Rappers

• "Rappers" started this thread

Reg: Mar 22nd 2013

Friday, March 22nd 2013, 12:25pm

Thank you so much for replying!

Yes it was my first attempt at using a syringe. I have only really got past have a smear test and all the other tests I have done. Years ago when I had to have my first smear test I just had a panic attack and ever since then things like that have freaked me out. Obviously it is different when I'm with my husband. I don't even use tampons because of fears. I know I have overcome quite in recent years. So here's for another attempt at getting the syringe out. :S

That did make me smile with the horse insemination kit. When you think of insemination kits you do definitely think of them used with animals. Funny!

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Sunday, March 31st 2013, 11:05am

Hi, Rappers - how are you getting on.

Just a thought - if you do not feel that you can do this yourself but you trust your DH implicitly - would you allow him to do the procedure?

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!