You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mollie" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2010

Children: 2 children from previous relationship

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 10:47am

Humira yes or no

Hi ladies

Can anyone advise me to as to their experiences of using humira.

Am due to fill prescription on Monday but after reading side effects and flare ups am confused.

I will be having humira, LIT, steroids, clexane, intralipids, neuopgen extra progesterone and high dose folic acid.

Please help
1x ICSI @ Origins = BFN, 2x ICSI @ RFC = 1BFN & 1BFP ended in m/c @10 wks. 1 x DEICSI @ Barcelona = BFN.
Next cycle, London, Dr Gorgy with immune meds, Antibiotics, Clexane, Humira, LIT, Intralipids, Neupogen, Steriods, High dose folic acid & extra progesterone

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 7:23pm

Hi mollie,
I had the same dilemma when I had to take it. I spoke with two Gp in y local surgery and then decided to take it.
It didn't work for me.
It's a hard decision because the drug is expensive and has serious side effects as well as not actually being licensed for fertility. It's not proven it works for fertility. At the same time you have gone so far, you are taking all those other drugs and doing an immunology protocol.

What I'm trying to say is that it's up to you. Weigh pros and cons and make the best decision for your circumstances.
Take care.

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Saturday, March 16th 2013, 8:08pm

I don't know a huge amount about humira but I do know it is usually used where people have uterine nk cells - do you have these Mollie?
It is taken for rheumatoid arthritis successfully so if it is licensed for that, obviously some people take it and are fine.
I do sympathise though, it is difficult to know what to do.
Good luck!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Reg: Nov 13th 2009

Children: 1 DD and 1 great big soppy Weimy!

What's Up?
We are a family, oh wow!!

Monday, March 18th 2013, 8:34am

Hi Mollie,

I take Humira fortnightly for rheumatoid arthritis. I've been on it for 14 months and have not suffered any side effects. I know you'll be taking it in a different situation but for a much shorter time compared to me! I know reading the long list of side effects can be scary though so I guess you'll have to weigh up the pros and cons. I hope you can reach a decision you're comfortable with x x

TTC since 2007

1st ICSI cycle BFP 13.11.09 - m/c 15.11.09
2nd ICSI cycle BFN 18.3.11
3rd ICSI cycle - BFN 2.9.11

Jan '12 - We are now hoping to adopt!
July '13 - We did it! bab19
September '14 - We did it again! bab19

mini mcgee's diary

Monday, March 18th 2013, 9:55am

Hi ladies

Thank you for all your replies. I have decided to take humira as you all said it for a short period of time , I discussed it with DH and I want to get to ET and know I give it my all.

Thanks
Mollie xxxx
1x ICSI @ Origins = BFN, 2x ICSI @ RFC = 1BFN & 1BFP ended in m/c @10 wks. 1 x DEICSI @ Barcelona = BFN.
Next cycle, London, Dr Gorgy with immune meds, Antibiotics, Clexane, Humira, LIT, Intralipids, Neupogen, Steriods, High dose folic acid & extra progesterone

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 2:32pm

Just a quick update ladies previous test results prior to humira

TH1/TH2

TNF 39.0 high
IFN 25.0 high

Test results after humira

TNF 26.0
IFN 18.0

So humira worked ;-) yippee and only side effect was headaches about 2days after each injection

Mollie x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 7:49pm

Good news!