You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rosa

• "Rosa" started this thread

Reg: Aug 3rd 2008

Children: None

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 9:23pm

New law for over 40s

Does anyone know whether things have changed in terms of how many tried you can have in the NHS? I.e. if you have had a go already and it failed, can you now have another even if you are over 40? Or even if it didn't fail because you did it abroad?
I've been told that this has changed but can't see anything online to confirm. I know that NICE recommend 3 but most PCTs can only afford to offer 1. Has this changed with the new over 40 law ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
ROSA
:xxx3:

1st ICSI AUG '08 = :BFP:
M/C 5 WEEKS

2nd ICSI AUG'09 = unsuccessful

3rd ICSI AUG '10 = :BFP:

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 12:59pm

Hi Rosa

As I understand it, it is NICE that has recommended that women over 40 be given access to IVF. This was reported in the press a couple of weeks ago. However, like everything else, it comes down to the individual PCT and what it will fund. My PCT only funds one cycle of IVF, yet NICE recommends three. I can see this helping certain people to argue their case, but can't imagine it will make a huge difference when NHS is under so much strain. Maybe the abolition of the PCTs (and the transfer of budgets to GPs) might make a difference though, although that is all up in the air too.

Good luck
Jenny x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE