You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Anniejoy

• "Anniejoy" started this thread

Reg: Feb 27th 2013

Wednesday, February 27th 2013, 4:32pm

Vasectomy Reversal in Ireland/Northern Ireland

Hi, I would really appreciate any help with my query. My partner is hoping to have a vasectomy reversal so that we can have a baby. I'm 41 so time not on my side here I know. Anyway, it's hard to find info on Ireland where we are, I've heard of the Clane Clinic and Dr John Thornhill there....anyone got any info on it as regards reversals - good/bad ect.. I've also been reading lots of forums like this one and its been mentioned that Ireland can lag behind other places as regards reversals. Also its expensive, nearly euro3,000. Has anyone's partner had it done elsewhere in Ireland? I would love to hear about that

Also been lokking at the North West Independent hospital in Derry, where it is euros 500 cheaper, does anybody know about it and a Dr Mullen - what have you heard, I would really like to know. With regard to both places I've been hearing that the op with stents is best, do you know if they are done there?

Thanks guys....I would really, really love a baby so all your help is much needed!

Annie

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Wednesday, February 27th 2013, 8:29pm

Hi and welcome. My husband had a reversal in Belfast and the waiting list was only 6 mths at that time. It was successful and sperm count was fantastic. After a year of trying we were referred to fertility clinic and told that he had antibodies in his semen which was now attacking his sperm. This was a big shock as no one ever mentioned this possibility. We therefore needed Ivf and luckily after a few attempts were blessed with twin girls :) not sure what it is like down south but you may be quicker having Ivf with a sperm sample taken straight from testicles rather than waiting for a reversal ? It is such a difficult journey and I wish you all the best on yours. You will get loads of support here x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Reg: Dec 7th 2015

Monday, December 7th 2015, 12:05am

Hi Annie, I realise it's been some time since you posted about the Vas Reversal but I'm hoping you're still on the site! I'm wondering if you ever went ahead with the reversal and how it went? Did you hear anymore about Clane? Would be so greatful for any feedback!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE