You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "HeidiRobin" started this thread

Reg: Feb 16th 2013

Children: None

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 11:50pm

I have my egg collection next Wednesday but will I be able to go to work Thursday?

:S Hello.... I have my egg collection next Wednesday morning and I'm wondering if Ii would be ok to work the day after (Thursday) I'm just a supermarket cleaner and it's for just 3-4 hours?

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, February 20th 2013, 6:23am

It depends on how it goes. Most of the time it's ok to go back to work as normal the day after ec. However cleaning is a physical job so I would ask the doctors on Wednesday before you go home after ec.
Good luck!

• "HeidiRobin" started this thread

Reg: Feb 16th 2013

Children: None

Wednesday, February 20th 2013, 7:19am

Yes it can be rather physical and I'll defo ask... If I do go to work (on doctors nod that is) then I'll only be doing the basics like a bit of mopping and sweeping, I'll avoid the heavy stuff like lifting and using any machines.

Reg: Jan 4th 2013

Children: None YET!

Wednesday, February 20th 2013, 8:35am

Hi Heidi,

After my EC I took 3 days off.. I didn't have ohss I don't think but I was very bloated, uncomfotable and actually was walking like a hunchback the day after.. I got a doctors note saying I had abdominal pain... After ET I have been working but taking it easy, I think it is important to keep moving but like you say no lifting etc..

Lots of luck
3# Clomid BFN 2012
1# IUI injectibles 2012 BFN
1# IVF Feb 2013 - BFN
2# IVF August 2013 - freeze all due to OHSS
1# FET Dec 2013 - BFN
Bring on 2014!!

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Wednesday, February 20th 2013, 9:11am

Hey Heidi

I have had a few egg collections and each one was very different, my last cycle I wouldn't have even know it had been done, pain free and not even a cramp. But I do remember being in quite a lot of pain for a couple of them even coughing sometimes hurt. I have always took the following day at least off and think I have been lucky to have the weekends to recover as well. I work in a nursery with under 3's and it can be quite demanding as required to lift and bend lots. I personally would stay off but it all depends on people's circumstances and how understanding your bosses are. If you know you can take it really easy then it's up to you Hunni, good luck and take care x x x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE