You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

EmmBri

• "EmmBri" started this thread

Reg: Feb 3rd 2009

Children: Agora

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 8:57pm

Menopur Drawing Up.......Help!!

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me as I am getting so stressed when trying to draw up the solution for my Menopur injection!!!

My question is, if I am mixing 1ml of solution into 4 menoupr vials shouldnt I have 1ml of solution to inject back into me as some nights it has been less than 1ml!!, I got so stressed last night that I ended up in tears as I am so worried that I am doing it wrong ;(

Also does anyone have any advice that they can give me for mixing the solution and vials???

Thank you so much for your help...

Emma xx
Emma

Cherlou

Superstar

Reg: Apr 8th 2011

Children: Hoping for a miracle!

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 9:10pm

When I did my menopur I was told to expect roughly 0.8 in the syringe. Some days I had less, some days more. I was one water to three powders. Ur going to 4, is it definitely still just one water?

Don't panic u will be getting all u need xxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
1 IVF May 11 0 fert. :tears:
2 ICSi Sept 11 :BFN: :tears:
3 ICSI Jan 12 :BFN: :tears:
ARGC
4 ICSI Immune cycle (IVIG/Steroids) July 12 :BFN: :tears:
5 FET Oct :BFP: It's a :boy: and :girl:

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

Cherlou

Superstar

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 9:13pm

Mixing is hard, my Dh did it and became pro by the end. Allow urself lots of time. We used to turn the vials upside down and in the lid there's a small hole on the side (inside) where u can push needle into. That way u can see the slanty edge on the needle and angle it so as u can drain all the liquid. Hard to explain really. But it gets easier I promise xxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

7/6/13 Poppy Grace and Riley Lucas arrived : D We are so unbelievably blessed xxx

EmmBri

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 9:26pm

Hi Cherlou,

Thank you so much for your advise!, I have just done tonights injection, I have been practising all afternoon and as you say thet key is to take your time, I actually managed 0.8ml of solution tonight which is the most I have ever had : D

Congratulations on your BFP too :)

Emma xx
Emma

Cherlou

Superstar

Sunday, February 10th 2013, 6:42am

That's great Emma. We used to try to beat how much we had the night before...became a bit of a joke in our house!!

Good luck with ur cycle. It's scary am exciting all in one.

Took me a long time to get my bfp and I just pray every day they both stay with me cxxxx

Cherlous ICSI diary

5yrs TTC
Me 29 DH 30
QE Gateshead
ARGC

Reg: May 10th 2013

Children: 1 step son

Friday, May 10th 2013, 6:02pm

help me too please

Hi. I am on 6 powders to 1 fluid. Today was the first time to inject on our own. By the time we had mixed all 6 there was only 0.5 at the most. The needle was just full of air. I'm so so worried I've done it wrong. I rang the hospital and the nurse I spoke to told me as long as I had got as much out of each vile as possible then it will be fine. Have spent all day worrying at a time when stress is so not needed. fingers crossed that it is better tomorrow. ;(

EmmBri

Friday, May 10th 2013, 7:14pm

Hi Farley007

Trust me it does get easier :)

Unfortunately we were unsuccessful on our first IVF cycle and I am currently going through my second and like you having the delights of mixing and drawing up the Menopur again...my main tip is to take your time, sometimes it can take me 10/15 mins to get through the vials!!!

I am only mixing four powders to one vial this time as I am also having Gonal F 300 which is a pre filled pen and so much easier but when I was mixing six powders I was using two vials so 0.5 doesnt sound too bad ?o(

The tip that my nurse gave me to remove the air bubbles is to flick the syringe or if you can knock it with your hand (sounds a bit strange but it does work but not too hard!!!)

Good luck for tomorrow and soon you will be an expert.

Fingers crossed you will only have to do this once :thumbsup:

Emma x
Emma

Reg: May 10th 2013

Children: 1 step son

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 9:09am

Success this morning. The nurse yesterday told me to look on YouTube which I did and I found a very useful clip. In it the lady said to double check the level of the saline solution before starting as the fluid can get trapped in the pointy bit at the top. I did check the vials and yep the solution was nearly all in the top bit that you snap off, tap the vial and it drains back into the bottom bit. Very useful tip.
Also she said to line the drawing up needle into the small gap in the Grey rubber bit on the powder vial and make sure the slant part of the needle is face down.
I did both of these things today and had a full seringe with very little air..
This equals relieved and happy bunny. :) Just have my fingers crossed it works tomorrow too.

Hope these two tips help anyone else too. Xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Farley007" (May 11th 2013, 9:10am)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE