You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Snoopy30

• "Snoopy30" started this thread

Reg: Jan 13th 2010

Children: 1 beautiful daughter, Chloe Faye

What's Up?
Loving being a mummy to my beautiful baby girl

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 8:13pm

Chances of conceiving naturally after having a baby - issue is male factor infertility!

Hey everyone

My hubby & I were lucky enough to have our gorgeous girl in January 2012 after our third cycle of ICSI due to male factor infertility.

We've been thinking of trying again but this evening our baby girl was playing with a ball in the living room & I know what she really wanted to do was to play catch, & I felt so sad that (as yet) she hasn't got a sibling!

My dh suffers from a low sperm count but also anti sperm antibodies but my question is has anyone conceived naturally after having a baby with ICSI due to male factor infertility! So many people keep telling me that once you have a baby, your body 'knows what to do' & 'you'll find it easier to conceive naturally'! Helpful I know, but I just wanted to know if anyone on here has!

Thanking you kind people

Snoops

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 8:21pm

hi snoopy

i'm sorry i don't have any answers for you, i'm not quite in the same position but we also have male factor problems, i treat my ds like he's the only one i'll get and i'm very greatful, but would love also to hear of success stories

good luck

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 8:24pm

Hi hOn. I don't have the answer but I have heard lots of stories. I would love, love for it to happen to us too. We also have male factor and I have issues. I am also really, really old now at 42 :(.
We will plug away for a miracle for the next 12 months but without any desperation for it to happen.

Good luck hon. X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 8:26pm

Hi Snoops, we are also male factor and much as I would like to believe otherwise I don't think it works this way.

I think when the problem is the females, ie blocked tubes, pcos etc then yes it can certainly happen and I know it has on here recently. I suppose you could say it kick starts the body but when it's a male thing then there's nothing like that. If anyone out there knows differently I'm all ears as it would be great not to have to go through tx again for a sibling.

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 8:31pm

I have too very very close people who have male factor issues and both got pg naturally, one after icis the other just by chance as they'd given up. Both had been told they would not conceive naturally. It can happen but for every success there are obviously those that need treatment. Wishing you every success xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 8:56pm

my youngetst son was a shock bfp. my dh has low sperm count, low motility, morphology issues and clumping. we had icsi on '07 and just after icsi#2 resultng in m/c, i found out 6 wks later i was indeed pg. my icsi baby had just turned 2 and i'd just moved home again. after the m/c, i wasnt even actively trying for another as i felt there was no point. my youngest is now 2.6 yrs old. it can happen but like others have said it doesnt always work that way.

but good luck

xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Tuesday, January 29th 2013, 9:04pm

Get him on wellman conception and macca and read up about other vitamins that can help. I have a friend on here whose husband had sperm issues and she got him on these and next IVF they got 100% fertilisation. She then went on to conceive naturally when her LO was 3 months old! Anything is worth a try! Good luck. Xx

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, January 30th 2013, 6:38am

We had ICSI and i have/had blocked tubes and so were very shocked when i got my natural bfp! We didnt do anything different as we were planning on going for FET and never considered it could happen. I aldo have 2 friends who.have been lucky enough to conceive naturalky after ICSI. I cant really offer any advice but just wanted to say that it can and does happen!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Jan 21st 2010

Children: A gorgeous boy born 2012

Sunday, March 16th 2014, 10:19pm

Aaaah it's my old chums!! I haven't been on here for aaaaagggggeeesss! I was just thinking about you the other day Snoops and wondering what your thoughts were about number two. Taxihome as ever I love your tone of phrase eg "plugging away". DH and I have been 'plugging away' :dancing: for a year or so with no success. I've packed him full of zinc and Selenium. My suggestion to give up alcohol fell on deaf ears. I'm an only child and on the one hand I don't feel a sibling is essential but he's soooooo gorgeous that I'd like to do it all again. Have been thinking about another cycle but ultimately it feels greedy and I'm not sure I want it enough to do it again.

Ultimately am very very lucky.
lurve

1st ICSI May 2011- : :BFP: Gorgeous Roan safe and sound

FET August 2013 :BFN:
Incredible natural :BFP: August 2014 (fingers crossed)
McFlozzer's Marvellous Mission to Make a Mini-Me

Reg: Aug 18th 2013

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 11:56am

Miracles do happen, we have told that we had to go for ICSI as sperms had motility problem also wife with PCOS, but got conceived naturally, while waiting for ICSI.There is no harm for trying. Never give up and accompany your efforts with good male fertility supplements (for e.g. Wellman conception/Fertilaid for men)

Good luck.

Edward. :thumbsup:

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE