You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Heather_87" started this thread

Reg: Mar 29th 2011

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 11:53am

PCOS - Opinions needed...

Hi,

I have been told I have PCOS (depsite no cysts being found after hysteroselpingogram and several scans)

Me and my fiance aren't really "trying to conceive" anymore, we're concentratiing on our wedding for now, to try and take the stress of not conceiving away for now.

However, I am due on my period tomorrow and for the last 8 days I have had a brown discharge, similar to the end of my normal period, I had a bit of peiod pain last week but nothing else since.

There's no smell, there's no pain, it's just as it is when I'm nearing the end of my normal period.

Not too sure what it could be?

Any ideas? ?o(
Heather xfingers

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 12:15pm

Hello Heather

I guess your diagnosis must have been based on blood test results? I have PCOS too, and was diagnosed with blood tests, although I also have visible cysts and amenorrhea.

Funny things can happen with discharge thanks to our crazy hormones and your brown discharge this month could just be a result of a change in your hormones this cycle.

But if your period doesn't appear as expected, you should pee on a stick!

And if you continue to have any concerns over the next few days perhaps you can pop to see your doc?

Congrats on your upcoming wedding by the way :)
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

• "Heather_87" started this thread

Reg: Mar 29th 2011

Tuesday, January 15th 2013, 1:58pm

Hi Bee,

Thanks very much :)

If I don't get my period after a week or so I'll go to my GP, I was just wondering if it was anything to be alarmed about.

I was diagnosed due to blood tests, despite being put through a hysterosalpingogram, blood tests, scans etc. Although the GP said to me "You dn't have a beard so that was a surprise" How very kind of him, I'm sure it was a compliment but it was sure abrupt!!

x
Heather xfingers

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, January 17th 2013, 9:30am

Hi, Heather
One of the features of PCOS is irregular periods and it is also quite common to have cycles that are different from normal or different from what others might consider normal. Although you have 'removed the stress of TTC' you are still 'stressed' by the wedding planning and this can also affect your cycle.

As the discharge is not smelly or in any way uncomfortable, I would not be overly concerned. If it continues long enough for you to start worrying or if it becomes smelly or itchy then I would definitely see a doctor.

Also, if you normally have regular cycles and are late then I would also be inclined to want to do a home test as this is possibly one of the first things that your GP will do.

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Amelia12

Reg: May 14th 2018

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:32pm

Hey there. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. PCOS is a horrible condition. Good luck with your wedding. You guys are doing the right thing by not stressing out about it. You can always rethink and reevaluate what you want to do, later. Lots of love.