You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shin1560

• "shin1560" started this thread

Reg: Aug 25th 2012

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 2:07pm

refused ivf because of very low amh

Hi all, i

Well i havent been on here for a while as was awaiting my screening results from st marys which i had on Thursday. I have been in shock ever since as they have refused to treat me as my amh is only 0.97 ,i had a feeling it would be low but not that low. So the consultant told me quite cold and clinically that my only options would be a donar egg or adoption . When i started crying she looked at me and just said would you like me to continue , nice eh , i understand she has a difficult job telling ppl news like that but the way in which she done it was pretty damm cold with no real sympathy. Anyway I have to now wait till the 11/1/13 to see a counsllor. I think i am gong to look at the egg donar route i have asked my doctor to write to salford pct to see if they will fund a donar cycle, I have noone to give me eggs so will be looking at care in manchester for the egg donation. god this is a nightmare i havent been at work since just cant stop crying. Has anyone else been in a situation like this if so i would love to hear from you.

Good luck to all you other ladies that are going through treatment at the moment.xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 3:15pm

Hi Shin,

I didn't want to just read and run...

I'm afraid I can't help much with your specific query except to say that I've seen ladies on here with low AMH who have been going through treatment, so I wouldn't give up hope yet. I'm not sure if there is a specific cut-off where they refuse treatment but, from my experience on here and my own ivf, I'd say every clinic is very different.

Why don't you try calling other Manchester clinics to see if they will answer this question for you - this way, you know if you there is the possibility of treatment with your own eggs or if the only/best way forward is with donor eggs. Clinics seem to be pretty quiet at the moment so you might even be able to arrange a quick call with a consultant? Worth a try to put your mind at rest.

Good luck!

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 3:24pm

Hi again,

I've just looked and MFS has an "ask the expert" section on there website - somebody has already posted a similar question to yours, which has been answered by one of their experts.

See: Low AMH - what are my chances of conceiving? | Your Fertility Questions Answered | Manchester Fertility Services

I hope this helps.

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, December 18th 2012, 6:34pm

Hi shin,
I am sorry you have had to go through this. Constance is right, some clinics will treat you with low amh, but you will have a lower chance simply because your ovarian reserve is lower. Lower chance doesn't mean no chance.
Most NHS trusts don't fund ivf or any fertility tx if you have low amh. Some private clinics will.
And as you say you can go through the donor egg route.
You can find some more info on egg donation here: http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…Board&boardID=5
Take care

Loubiefc

Reg: Apr 7th 2012

What's Up?
Decisions decisions!!

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 1:59pm

Hi shin,
I also have low AMH 1.8 manchester refused to treat us so we went to our doctor who got us referred to Leeds. You aren't funded in Yorkshire but they will treat you with low AMH. We have had 3 attempts which haven't been successful :-( but at least we had the option to try.
We have been given the option of egg donor but this would have to be abroad (Cyprus) we are seriously considering this.
We were dead against this at first but my consultant said something to us that made me think twice "you have to weigh up how much you want a baby or how much you want your baby. I also think that it might be someone else's egg but I will be the one feeding and nurturing the egg (if we were ever to be successful)
I hope this helps you if not sorry for rambling on lol
X

Apr 2012 :BFN: bigcloud
July 2012 :BFN: bigcloud
Nov 2012 :BFN: bigcloud
May 2013 :BFP: 7 weeks no heart beat :tears:
May 2014 :BFP: 6 weeks 4 days no embryo!!!!

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Thursday, December 27th 2012, 2:18pm

hi shin,

i too have been told by my clinic that my amh is too low for them to use my eggs and they wouldnt even accept any money to give me one last shot. they didnt think it was viable or fair to take money off me. donor eggs they said was the way forward (waiting list over 2 years). at that time i was 39, and i didnt want to be waiting that long. ive also sufeered recurrent m/cs - 6 up to now.

after much debate,my dh and i have decided to go for embryo adoption abroad. i know this isnt for everybody, but for us it is absolutely perfect. i think the lady before me was spot on when she said it depends on whether you want or baby or your own baby. ts also a more financially viable option for us. i know it really isnt for every couple, but maybe that is another option you could look into.

good luck with whichever journey you both decide to make

xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

tivoli25

Reg: May 6th 2012

Friday, December 28th 2012, 12:08pm

Hi Shin,

I'm so sorry to hear about the unsympathetic way you have been treated but I wanted to give you some hope with my own success story.

In May I received the news that my AMH was 1.0. I was completely devastated but was lucky to receive excellent treatment at BCRM (Bristol). My consultant was very honest, but at the same time very encouraging. He quoted me a 15-20% chance of success with ICSI using my own eggs, and I was allowed one free treatment (this is the limit in Bristol). I also got a second opinion at the Lister clinic in London who also quoted me 15-20% and were also very keen to treat me with my own eggs.

My first ICSI was disappointing as only two eggs were collected. Neither of these fertilised and I didn't make it to egg transfer.

In November I had my second ICSI and this time four eggs were collected and they all fertilised. They put two embryos back on day 2 and I am now 8 weeks pregnant with twins.

I was taking DHEA supplements for over 4 months prior to my 2nd ICSI and also an increased dose of Menopur. Of course I can not be sure, but this may have helped with the success of my 2nd cycle.

Good luck xx

tivoli25

Reg: May 6th 2012

Friday, December 28th 2012, 12:31pm

Hi Loubie,

I would like to thank you for a very supportive reply you sent me in May when my I received my very low AMH result. I haven't written any posts on fertility zone until today, but have been following other people's stories which has helped me through my two ICSI treatments.

I am very sorry to hear that your last ICSI treatment failed. My first ICSI treatment also failed, and only two eggs were collected that didn't fertilise. My second treatment however was much more successful with four fertilised eggs, two were put back in on day 2 and I am now pregnant with twins.

I wanted to tell you this because it may be worth you having one more try with your own eggs. I think cycles vary a lot and the results from your 1st ICSI were very encouraging.

I'm not sure if you were taking DHEA during any of your cycles, but I think this may have been of benefit to me. I was taking it for over 4 months prior to my second treatment which is the recommended time.

I wish you good luck in the decision you make xx

Loubiefc

Reg: Apr 7th 2012

What's Up?
Decisions decisions!!

Friday, December 28th 2012, 1:23pm

Hi tivoli,

Thanks for letting me know your good luck story, it is so encouraging to hear that it works for some people.

We really aren't sure what route we are going to take next, out funds will only allow for one more try so we really have to way up our options, our consultant only gave us a 10% success rate using my eggs and after we did so badly on he last attempt it doesn't look to good. We would of course love a miracle using our eggs, but if our best option is donor would that be best? After all I would hopefully be the one feeding and nurturing the embryo so theoretically there would be some of me if there some where!!!
Help..... Decisions grrrrr

Apr 2012 :BFN: bigcloud
July 2012 :BFN: bigcloud
Nov 2012 :BFN: bigcloud
May 2013 :BFP: 7 weeks no heart beat :tears:
May 2014 :BFP: 6 weeks 4 days no embryo!!!!

Lucina

Reg: Nov 6th 2012

Saturday, January 5th 2013, 6:41pm

Don't give up!

Firstly, I'm so sorry about the way you were treated. I've had very similar coldness from a lot of medical staff throughout this process and don't feel people should be permitted to work in this industry without training on how to deal with people.

I was shown to have low AMH (4.9 - 'maximum stimulation required') and went for IVF in Denmark over Christmas. I was slightly concerned as the doctor there put me on a low dose of meds (150 iu). Everything was fine. I produced seven good quality "young" eggs all of which cleaved to form embryos (2 inserted, 3 frozen). I've also heard from other ladies who have had successes with much lower AMH. There is too much emphasis in the UK on negativity and I'd urge you to get a second or even third opinion.

rfisch

Reg: Feb 24th 2013

Children: 1

Sunday, February 24th 2013, 8:20pm

I hope you have the strenght to try again. Infertility at times seems to be an uphill struggle that never ends.

We were trying for a number of years before I faced up to the fact that we had a problem. Our chances of conceiving naturally were zero. My AMH was 2.2 and my husband had no sperm, not one. So even ICSI wasn't an option. We then went down the donor sperm route which my DH has been very good about. We had ICSI, resulted in 6 eggs at retreival, all fertilised. 2 put back in and we were blessed with our beautiful son.

We decided to go back and try for a sibling, I hadn't considered the way I would feel if it didn't work. We had a FET of 2 embryo's , and despite an initial faint positive, when I did it a few days later it was negative. Still feeling very low about it and worried that I wont have another chance.

Trying to pick myself up enough to get on the roller coster again, it just seems like a lottery at times. I hope you get another go and it works for you next time.

Sunday, February 24th 2013, 9:31pm

I'm sorry you are going through this. I just wanted to add that I think I would seek another opinion from another clinic. As others have said, different clinics have different cut off points. Plus, you need to get your full results or you could ask for a retest with your clinic or another as I have heard of some people who have fluctuating results. AMH is only best looked at in relation to FSH and other hormones too.

My AMH was 2. Eventually after 4 cycles we conceived our daughter and I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with our son who was from the same batch of eggs as our DD and was FET. Miracles do happen. Do let us know how you get on. Xxx

Reg: Nov 30th 2009

Children: twin boys

Monday, March 18th 2013, 8:35pm

Hi, I have an AMH of 1.2 and was told after my first cycle not to bother with a second, I disagreed and I am now mummy to 2 year old boys. I also did not have periods before being pregnant and now my periods are regular which the doctor says suggests I am ovulating. Best of luck xxx
TTC for no 1 for 3 years
ICSI Dec '09 - 1 egg collected - did not fertilise.
ICSI no 2 July '10 - BFP! Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.9lb born 17.1.11 - 12 weeks early, tiny but perfect xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE