You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Lou2011" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2011

Children: Two miracle princesses

Monday, December 10th 2012, 1:26pm

Advice needed on baby not meeting development milestones, very worried mummy xx

Hi All,

I'm getting myself worked up about my little girl who is 13 months old (adjusted age 11.5 months) and was hoping to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation ...

My doctor has referred my daughter to the paediatrician for a development check because she isn't rolling, isn't bearing weight on her legs and is making no attempts to get mobile. She can sit unsupported but often slouches (although she can sit straight backed sometimes). I have been looking on the internet and cerebral palsy comes up quite a lot. My daughter has several of the risk factors associated with cerebral palsy: she's a twin, born premature, low birth weight, breech delivery, low apgar score (although after 10 minutes this was fine) and wasn't breathing when she was born and had to be resucitated. Although cerebral palsy has never been mentionned by a health professional, I am worried sick that she will be diagnosed with it.

Has anybody had to take their child to the paediatrician due to slow development? Is there anything in particular that I should ask for? Should I mention my fears of cerebral palsy or will they think I'm just an over-anxious mum?!

xxx
1st ICSI May 2011 - :BFP:

Scan on 29th June - [zx076] [zx076]

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Monday, December 10th 2012, 2:04pm

Hi hun,

Didn't want to read and run. Big hugs to you - this is a very worrying time and of course you have every right to be worried. i have no experience of your situation (but lots of experience with CP kids) and what i suggest you do is make a big fat list of questions to ask as if you are anything like me, i usually forget to ask important questions when I see the docs.
Let us know how you get on xxx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Monday, December 10th 2012, 3:16pm

I'm sorry I don't have any experience of this either, but didn't want to read and run. Understandably you must be worried sick, but I would say that it is very positive that they are looking into things efficiently and fingers crossed, perhaps your LO is just a slow developer, rather than having a diagnosed condition. Whatever, the professionals will do what is best for her and that is most important.

Like Daisy says, prepare a list of questions, no matter how big or small and take with you, not leaving until you have got through them. Be honest about your concerns about cerebral palsy too, they won't think you are an over anxious mum and it will make you feel better to air your concerns.

I would be wanting to ask what sort of testing they are going to do, what they are concerned about, if they have anything in mind that they think is specifically wrong, what the future holds and what treatments/support she/you will be offered.

Will be thinking of you, do let us know how you get on. Xxx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

fuzzy bee

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Monday, December 10th 2012, 8:52pm

I also didn't want to read and run, big hugs to you but do as the others have suggested make a list of questions, and don't be afraid to ask about CP, you have every right to ask, health professionals are used to their patients googling everything, you won't be labelled over-anxious, you're just being a good mum.
Thinking of you and your LO x
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, December 11th 2012, 2:21pm

My little boy has CP - why don't you PM me.
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

mim

Reg: Dec 9th 2008

Children: One Angel baby Sam in heaven and proud Aunt of many/ One Precious Heart baby born 11/04/2012

What's Up?
I AM BACK UPDATE SHORTLY HUGS TO ALL OF U

Wednesday, December 19th 2012, 11:58pm

yep my son doesnt roll can sit etc all the things you listed above he does have neuro issues , you can pm me too , i should mention my little guy was born the same breach c section with great apagar but unfortunately post open heart surgery was like paralized he has come a long way ;) so it may look scary when doctors say slow developement etc but i have seen what amazing things kids can do
TTC#1SINCE2003
Me32Pco&Pcos1996
DH37varicocele opp06
CLOMID05,6mts09
lapdye,ov.drill2oct 09,too many treatments to mention
Shock natural:BFP:My miracle baby Sam Corey lost 17/01/11 4.30
Lupus,antiRO&arth

IVF JULY/AUG 11 immune / severe OHSS but :BFP: [zx076]saw every week ,BORN WITH SPECIAL HEART bab11

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE