You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "one_day" started this thread

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Children: none

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 1:47pm

depression

If i goto the drs today, which I am doing will it affect me if I adopt?
Im not looking to adopt right away but that is a big option for us.
But I am really struggling with life and feel really depressed after my last IVF.
I did go to councelling but feel i need something more, hope someone can help cos I dont want to ruin my chances

thank you x
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS
1st FET :BFN:
2nd ICSI test date 3rd Nov :BFN:
2nd FET feb 12 :BFN:

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, November 13th 2012, 2:01pm

Hiya

i'm so sorry you are feeling this way, but most importantly you have to look after yourself, it takes a bigger person to admit they have a problem than struggle on and let things spiral out of control, i started the adoption process and it's certainly something we were both asked however i think if you are honest and explain why you felt this way you will be totally fine.

good luck and take care

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Saturday, March 9th 2013, 10:01am

I know this is an old post now. But i just wanted to comment in hope it was seen.
In the past i have been to the doctors about depression, infact i made a few trips there, i did end up having anti depressents for a short while. My depression all stemed from failed ivf cycles etc and everything just became too much. I was struggling to get myself out of bed in the mornings for work. i had become totally OCD at home and so on.
Anyway i went to the docs also had some councelling at my clinic.
We are now trying the adoption road, At our first meeting with a social worker i was honest and said about the anti depressents and what had led to it all. She said it wouldn't be a problem. They like to see that you overcome things like that. I think it would be more of a problem if you were depressed but done nothing about it. Along with this my DH also ended up on tablets to help him sleep, he had been so worried about me being so depressed he couldnt sleep. we were honest to the social worker about this too and she was fine about it. We done something about it and didn't hide away.

Good luck xx
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

gardenia (09.03.2013)