You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lucina

• "Lucina" started this thread

Reg: Nov 6th 2012

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 8:46pm

Has anyone found a clinic in any country at which IVF including medication cost less than £2,500 - £3,000?

I'm going straight for the jugular.

As a single 37 year-old woman, financially crippled by divorce and on a modest salary, cost is the most important factor in the IVF treatment I may need shortly. Having a baby means everything to me and I am prepared to travel anywhere in the world to find IVF that I can afford, given that (at my age) I may need three to five or more cycles.

Has anyone found a reasonably priced clinic that they could recommend?

Thank you
L

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 9:07pm

Kings college hospital Denmark hill is 2900 without meds but the cost of the meds depends on the dosage you are on. The first time I was on the smallest dose it cost about 700 but this time round I was on the highest dose and that cost about 1500. Gonal F is the really expensive medication.
Hope this is of some help.
Also there waiting lists are quite short.

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Lucina

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 9:49pm

Thank you, Redwillow. King's is actually my clinic, but they've quoted me around £4,500 for IVF - more than I can afford - so I was considering going abroad.

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 10:05pm

Is that including donor sperm?
The first time round we paid about 8500 in total but that included to failed iui's and one successful ivf and meds. We spent 800 on sperm alone but have just used the last to for this cycle has cost 4500 but we had icsi this time and many more meds. This I think is the cheapest in London.
Going abroad for treatment you also have to bear in mind the costs of flights and hotel as well!

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 4:42pm

:hello:

Welcome to FZ!

Just to throw a slightly different idea into the mix, would you be prepared to consider an embryo adoption? Lots of the Spanish clinics offer this, basically you 'adopt' an embryo that another couple no longer want/need to use, and the cost will be minimal compared to a full cycle, probably about the sum of money you have in mind.

I appreciate that this is not for everyone, I assume you are going to use donor sperm but understand that using someone else's egg may be a step too far. I have to say that having been though it I have no regrets about having my daughter through egg donation.

I had treatment at Institut Marques in Barcelona, check out their site as a starting point - they aren't the cheapest by a long way but it will give you an idea of the process.

Other than that, you could check out clinics in The Czech Republic and Greece (Serum is excellent). Have a look at your treatment abroad and donor threads to check out other ladies' recommendations.

:goodluck: to you.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Lucina

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 7:35pm

Hi Red,
Yes, that is including the sperm (which I am intending to order from Cryos). I know that a child is priceless and I will spend what I have to, but it angers me that money is being taken away from the child before he or she is even born.

Hi Gracie,
I wasn't familiar with embryo adoption but it sounds an interesting route. Having a biological child is of utmost importance to me but I would consider other avenues in a few years if all my attempts fail.

I will have a look at Serum and some other overseas clinics. I've also had a little ray of light on finding out that people born in Australia (like me, a long time ago!) can get much of the IVF refunded through the healthcare system and so I may even move over there and keep trying.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lucina" (Nov 8th 2012, 7:37pm)

Reg: Sep 9th 2010

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 7:58pm

You might want to look at Reprofit in Brno in the Czech Republic. Please note the price list is in Euro's so you will need to do the math. Hope this helps. xxx
REPROFIT INTERNATIONAL s.r.o. | IVF Treatment | IVF Price List

MY DIARY

April'10-IVF 4 eggs-none fertilised
Sep'10-ICSI 2 eggs,1 fertilised 7/10/10 BFN
Jan'11-ICSI 13 eggs,9 fertilsed, 2x8 cells put back - 4/2/11 BFN
May'11-ICSI 14 eggs,9 fertilised - none made it to day 5
Aug'11-DE,Czech Rep 13/8 2 blasts trans,1 frostie - :BFP:
Scan 8/9/11,3/10/11,20/10/11,15/12/11,6/1/12,2/2/12, 2/3/12, 5/4/12 bab10 bab11
Twins arrived 8/4/12 both healthy

Reg: Jul 22nd 2011

Children: one gorgeous IUI daughter

Friday, November 9th 2012, 7:08pm

Have you considered IUI? I paid £1500 per cycle for my IUI with donor sperm - that included everything, the treatment the sperm and the meds. I, thankfully, only needed 2 cycles so spent around £3000 in total.
I am 36 and have low ovarian reserve and now 34 weeks pregnant. IUI can work and it's much less expensive and a much easier process than IVF. I had my treatment at the South East Fertility Clinic in Kent.
Hope this helps, there aren't many single people on here so if you want to message me feel free :)

38, single
1st donor IUI Nov '11 :BFN: 2nd donor IUI March/April '12 :BFP:
A gorgeous IUI daughter born Dec 2012 - my little miracle
Planning to try for a sibling in 2015 :)

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Friday, November 9th 2012, 8:09pm

Treatment is often cheaper abroad, IVF at our clinic (Reprogenesis in the Czech Republic, just down the road from Reprofit as posted above) is less than £2000. But you would then need to be staying over there for a while for own egg IVF, at least two weeks I would imagine, which then brings the cost back up! Donor treatment however is far cheaper there, if you do go that route. Good luck!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Reg: Jan 29th 2012

Children: 2 beautiful Angel babies xx

Friday, November 9th 2012, 10:25pm

I agree with Gracie about embryo adoption being a really good option (but understand if you are desperate to try your own eggs) I had my egg donor treatment in ALicante, but I noticed most of the clinics there offered embryo adoption at a much lower price than our treatment which was 3,500 euros. I am pretty sure in one clinic it was only 1800 euros. Don't want to push you in a direction you're not happy to go down but just wanted to give you the extra info so you could make an informed choice xxx

Sep 10-IVF abandoned ?o( Jun 11:BFP-Premature Twins-too tiny to survive ;(:girl:1 day old :boy: 25 days old.Jun 12:BFP:mc 6w1d :| Oct 12:BFP:mc 7w2d ;( Apr 13:BFP: Our wonderful surrogate is carrying our baby!

feni

Reg: Nov 21st 2012

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 3:18pm

Hi everyone,
I went to Athens where the doctor is British and was working in IVF in London for many years. The cost was around £3500. I was pregnant after 1 cycle. Now my baby is 8 months old. The IVF CLINIC was excellent and the staff very professional. If you are interested I can give you more info .
Good luck to all of you
Feni

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

av13 (10.06.2014)

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Friday, November 23rd 2012, 2:24pm

hi,

again as komolafe and,gracie have said, there is always embryo adoption. im goin for that at end of january. my clinic in spain fivmarbella, do embryo adoption for 2,400 euros which my husband converted to £1,800. they also find tou a driver & a hotel vwry near the clinic, for quite a reasonable fee. they match the embryo up to your blood group & try to match it much as possible to the mother's colouring and physical make up.

but I agree its not for everyone - me for 1 am so excited and cant wait. the months are really dragging

whatwver tou decide - good luck with your journey

xxxxxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Lucina

Tuesday, December 4th 2012, 4:29am

Thank you, ladies. Sorry for the delay in my reply. I had a few weeks with my parents abroad, which had done a lot to ease stress.

Thank you, Sunnybee and rb. I will investigate the costs of those clinics and make sure that they will allow me to use donor sperm from my choice of sperm bank.

Thank you, Scarlett, and congratulations on your happy news. I am due to have three lots of IUI and a few home inseminations in the coming months and plan to begin IVF in July if I am unsuccessful. I agree that this is a tough process for anyone, but I find that as a single women, the emotional and financial strain are almost unbearable.

Thank you, Komolafe and Jade. I wish you all the very best with your procedures. I would consider this route but feel strongly about trying to have a biological child of my own first.

Thank you, Feni. The Athens clinic you mention sounds more like the type of option for me, so I would appreciate any details.

L xx