You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

xenastia

• "xenastia" started this thread

Reg: Nov 5th 2012

Monday, November 5th 2012, 2:19pm

Donor iui newbie

I am having my first consultation regarding donor iui on november the 26th, not sure what information they will request from me. I would like to meet any body that are starting, having or had iui with or without donor. Id love to hear about your journies and any guidance. Hopefully will make some friends too! I am 24 years old, my boyfriend of over 4 years is infertile, but we are looking forward to the futur and hopefully will be succesfull in donor iui. I am having donor iui abroad in copenhagen, currently living in the UK. Wish you all well.
Xenastia

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, November 5th 2012, 5:53pm

Hi, Xenastia and welcome to FZ.

I had donor IUI as a solo flyer and one of my very good friends had donor IUI as her partner (now husband) had azoospermia both of us achieving successful pregnancies after several attempts.
Generally, a first consultation will take your history and confirm that all the relevant tests have been done and are clear. They will also want to make sure that both you and your partner have considered all the aspects of donor treatment, including what you will tell the child/ren one day. It may or may not be a requirement that one or both partners (individually and seperately) attend some counselling sessions as well - it certainly was a requirement in my case as well as for my friend.

Thereafter they will try to match your partner to a donor (yes, your partner not you) in order to have some resemblance to him - i.e. height, colouring etc.

If all that it clear - well, then it is on to treatment... :D

At your appointment, make sure to ask what protocol you will be on - natural, clomid or injections. If either of the latter, check how and when monitoring will be done.

Wishing you all the very best and please let us know how the appointment goes...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests