You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 9:08pm

how to move bedtime forward?

Hi ladies, my lovely little girl is 12 weeks old. She is breastfed on demand and we have not much of a routine but this seems to work well with her easy going nature (dd1 on the other hand seemed to cope better with alot of structure). The only problem we re experiencing is that the girls are on completely different schedules. Dd1 goes to bed at 6:30 abd wakes at 6:30 am (shes 3) but dd2 doesnt go to bed until we do at 10. She wakes again about 6 am for a feed and then back to sleep until 10am. From about 7pm she cluster feeds. I would love her to go to bed a little earlier as this would make morning times less stressful trying to keep a 3 yr old quiet but dont know where to start. I was kinda hoping shed just do it herself but she hasnt yet. It probably doesnt help that affer dd1 goes to bed i often sit in bed feeding dd and watching tv but i have tried putting her in her crib and going downstairs but she doesnt stay asleep for long. X
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, October 30th 2012, 10:02pm

Hi Jen

Sorry can't offer much advice as i only have 1 ds and have only ever ff and my ds needs routine, however a friend of mine when she was trying to bring times forward started with just 15min earlier, so if you normally have a last feed at 10pm try feeding at 9.45pm, she would do this for 2 weeks then start again, bringing it forward to 9.30pm and so on.
I know you have already been through all this with baby 1 but at night time i bath and i make it fun, splash the water, read a book and make it exciting, then i take ds to get a nappy on and i massage him, then he gets pjs on and a grow bag then after that i don't talk to him, i turn the tv down and feed him facing away from the light, sounds a bit cruel not talking to him but he now knows it's bedtime and it really works for him, my parents and dh refused in the first couple of weeks not to speak to him but soon realised he took ages to settle otherwise, he now goes to bed at 7.30pm until around 5.30am, a quick feed then back down unil 7.30am then fed at 8am.

Hope you find something that works

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE